I think I wasted £30....

AlienALX

Hi all. Noob here so please be gentle. I purchased a 7" HDMI touch screen LCD from a friend a few days ago. I got it today, and bought Aida Extreme so that I could run it as a LCD for monitoring temps etc. It comes up in Windows as a standard monitor, I am not fussed about the touch screen part.

However, when I go File-Preferences-LCD all I see are actual devices, not just a standard monitor :S 

Did I buy Aida in error? This is the screen here.

http://www.waveshare.com/wiki/7inch_HDMI_LCD_(C)

It's the 7" HDMI 1024x600 model. I figured you could use any monitor to display temps etc :S

Thanks !

Alien.

haha I just found that before you replied ! 

OK, so I now have it dragged onto the small screen.. How do I make my own custom sensor panel? It needs to be bigger and I want to change the colours etc.

Edit. Where are my manners? wow, thanks for the very quick reply ! I didn't waste £30 :D

Edit again. Found the size but yeah, would like to skin it !

On ‎2017‎. ‎08‎. ‎17‎. at 4:15 PM, AlienALX said:

haha I just found that before you replied ! 

OK, so I now have it dragged onto the small screen.. How do I make my own custom sensor panel? It needs to be bigger and I want to change the colours etc.

Edit. Where are my manners? wow, thanks for the very quick reply ! I didn't waste £30 :D

Edit again. Found the size but yeah, would like to skin it !

SensorPanel works similarly to the LCD module.  You can place an image on the panel that has the full size (dimensions) of the panel to make it the background image. If you're looking for something else, let me know where did you get stuck exactly.

• 2 years later...
46 minutes ago, fadi_tela@yahoo.com said:

Hello, my monitor is 7" supports 800x480. i found pre-made panel and i would like to use it. however, it is at 1024x800. when i import the panel and change the restitution to mine some of the gauges go a way. is it possible to scale it down? 

Please avoid posting a single issue into multiple topics.