AIDA64 Discussion Forum
tistou77

fixed: Monitoring Asus Rampage VI Extreme

Hello

I have a problem with rams, they are indicated as on the screen in Aida64, while it will have to be A1, B1, C1, D1

Capture.PNG.f7440beb385f95af9f1af3be764c1ccc.PNG

and I have the temperature of the water plugged into the "Water In" port on the motherboard, but it indicates Temperature N°1 in Aida64

It is possible to rename in "Water" (the "In" and "Out" to put in Extended Labels) and it's "duplicate" with T-Sensor 1
Asus having made the effort to add these ports, as long as they are named correctly in Aida64 :D

And for Water Flow, in bios it is indicated in l/m, in Aida64 it is indicated in RPM
Possible to have in l/m (see in l/h) in Aida64

Thanks

And merry christmas ;)

• Like 1

DIMM slot numbering is quite tricky with Skylake-X processors, and we haven't yet found a way to properly reorganize the DIMM slots to suit all motherboard layouts.

Water In and Water Out temperatures do not have a dedicated temperature slot in the hardware monitoring module of AIDA64.  That's why they use a generic temperature label.  Asus uses a lot of different sensor labels on its ROG products.  And that single motherboard vendor alone bloats up our list of dedicated sensor slots quite a lot :(  BTW, when you have both T Sensor 1 and Water In thermal readings available, the first one would appear as Temperature #1, and the second one would appear as Temperature #2.  They wouldn't use the same generic temperature slot, so it wouldn't overwrite each other at all.

When a water flow reading is available through a fan slot, RPM is the measurement unit that AIDA64 would use.  You can use the Correction facility (AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Correction) to convert the readings to a different format, but that wouldn't change the displayed measurement unit at all.

Happy New Year! ;)

Too bad, for once Asus put "probes" for Watercooling :(

Too complicated to rename this probe in Water ?
Read the information from the bios (indicated correctly in the bios) is not good ?
Because Temperature N°1, it can be anything and everything

And also, if it is possible to add a section "Watercooling" (not translated into French) in Sensor
Currently, water pump, water flow are in Fans, not really the right place

Thanks and happy new year too

20 hours ago, tistou77 said:

Too bad, for once Asus put "probes" for Watercooling :(

Too complicated to rename this probe in Water ?
Read the information from the bios (indicated correctly in the bios) is not good ?
Because Temperature N°1, it can be anything and everything

And also, if it is possible to add a section "Watercooling" (not translated into French) in Sensor
Currently, water pump, water flow are in Fans, not really the right place

Thanks and happy new year too

It's not that difficult to rename any of the readings, but it involves allocating newer and newer sensor slots.  New sensor slots mean the whole monitoring module gets bigger and slower (by a tiny bit) everytime we add more, so we gotta be careful not to carelessly add everything that Asus comes up with :)

Watercooling section doesn't make much sense, since that's not how the sensor readings are grouped on the Sensor page anyway.  When you have a dedicated liquid flow meter (Aquaero, T-Balancer, etc), it will be slotted into the Flow Sensors group though.

16 minutes ago, Fiery said:

It's not that difficult to rename any of the readings, but it involves allocating newer and newer sensor slots.  New sensor slots mean the whole monitoring module gets bigger and slower (by a tiny bit) everytime we add more, so we gotta be careful not to carelessly add everything that Asus comes up with :)

Watercooling section doesn't make much sense, since that's not how the sensor readings are grouped on the Sensor page anyway.  When you have a dedicated liquid flow meter (Aquaero, T-Balancer, etc), it will be slotted into the Flow Sensors group though.

If it's not complicated, it may be better then
Currently reading Water indicates Temperature N°1 (why not just Temperature, if not other temperature probes ?)
T_Sensor 1, indicates Temperature N°2 (nothing consistent)

I found it good, a section Watercooling, more serious, and defined each section
If it's a little longer, even 1 second, nothing dramatic

Or the best and simplest for everyone, be able to rename probes and sections, and very easy to integrate

Thanks

10 minutes ago, tistou77 said:

Or the best and simplest for everyone, be able to rename probes and sections, and very easy to integrate

Thanks

You can already do that if you use any of the OSD Panel, Desktop Gadget, SensorPanel, or External LCD modules ;)

9 minutes ago, Fiery said:

You can already do that if you use any of the OSD Panel, Desktop Gadget, SensorPanel, or External LCD modules ;)

Yes, but I was talking in the Sensor window,  of course ;)

12 minutes ago, tistou77 said:

Yes, but I was talking in the Sensor window,  of course ;)

I know. But the Sensor page was not designed to be customizable. If you need to customize the readings, you can do that via multiple other methods ;)  So there's a solution for everyone.

14 minutes ago, Fiery said:

I know. But the Sensor page was not designed to be customizable. If you need to customize the readings, you can do that via multiple other methods ;)  So there's a solution for everyone.

But you planned to "customize" it, if I remember correctly ?

14 minutes ago, tistou77 said:

But you planned to "customize" it, if I remember correctly ?

Only the labels, but not the grouping logic ;) 

2 hours ago, Fiery said:

Only the labels, but not the grouping logic ;) 

It will be good already ;)
an idea of when it will be done ?

Although it's weird to have water pumps, etc ... in the fans

EDIT: I had thought for the Watercooling section, so as not to overload the scan of the Sensor window, maybe add the option in the "Preferences"
Those who do not have Watercooling probes, do not activate this option and the scan is not slowed down :D

3 hours ago, tistou77 said:

It will be good already ;)
an idea of when it will be done ?

Although it's weird to have water pumps, etc ... in the fans

EDIT: I had thought for the Watercooling section, so as not to overload the scan of the Sensor window, maybe add the option in the "Preferences"
Those who do not have Watercooling probes, do not activate this option and the scan is not slowed down :D

As I've explained above, the Sensor page is not meant to be customized.  Use one of the listed features if you need to have the layout customized.

10 minutes ago, Fiery said:

As I've explained above, the Sensor page is not meant to be customized.  Use one of the listed features if you need to have the layout customized.

Okay, and an idea of when the probes (labels) can be "customize" ?

And for DIMMs, no solution then ?

1 hour ago, tistou77 said:

Okay, and an idea of when the probes (labels) can be "customize" ?

And for DIMMs, no solution then ?

1) I'm not sure, since it's not a quick project

2) Already replied above ;)

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:06 PM, Fiery said:

DIMM slot numbering is quite tricky with Skylake-X processors, and we haven't yet found a way to properly reorganize the DIMM slots to suit all motherboard layouts.

But for this motherboard, it's only Skylake-X, there is still a problem ?
it will have to be like any
Rampage Extreme , right ?

21 minutes ago, tistou77 said:

But for this motherboard, it's only Skylake-X, there is still a problem ?
it will have to be like any
Rampage Extreme , right ?

We're not quite sure why the DIMM numbering is illogical.

16 minutes ago, tistou77 said:

Not good :(

Capture.PNG.4db3ec5dd11b5e1b6d56cb5889331cb4.PNG

Thanks

Are you sure your DIMM slots are properly populated in order to have all 4 memory channels enabled?  If yes, then it means LGA2066 motherboards do not use a single layout for DIMM slots assignment -- in which case we need to implement motherboard specific DIMM slot numbering logic :( 

9 minutes ago, Fiery said:

Are you sure your DIMM slots are properly populated in order to have all 4 memory channels enabled?  If yes, then it means LGA2066 motherboards do not use a single layout for DIMM slots assignment -- in which case we need to implement motherboard specific DIMM slot numbering logic :( 

Yes, I think
Asrock Configurator
correctly recognizes DIMMs

Capture.PNG.fefd16107b49f6a2e7e53b09e186e151.PNG

11 minutes ago, tistou77 said:

Yes, I think
Asrock Configurator
correctly recognizes DIMMs

Capture.PNG.fefd16107b49f6a2e7e53b09e186e151.PNG

Does AIDA64 report Quad Channel DDR4 on the AIDA64 CPUID Panel?  If yes, then please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> SMBus Dump (Full). Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery