Bugs with probes reading (Asus Rampage VI Extreme)

On ‎2018‎. ‎04‎. ‎01‎. at 2:01 AM, tistou77 said:

I tested with my laptop, little CPU and 8GB of ram and Windows 10
No "lapse of time" during memory allocation
Maybe this Stress Test better manages small configurations :)

No, the issue seems to be more the combination of large amount of RAM and large amount of CPU threads.  So when you use an ordinary system with 4 cores and 4 or 8 threads, with small amount of RAM (8GB or less), Windows 10 can quickly allocate the physical memory for the AIDA64 memory stress test.  But as you increase the amount of RAM, and especially if you also increase the amount of CPU threads (logical processors), the issue gets a lot worse.  To us it seems Windows 10 simply "gets too busy" for 10 or 20 seconds when an application uses too many concurrent threads where each of those threads tries to allocate a large portion of RAM.  It becomes a "race for RAM" situation where Windows 10 gets unresponsive.  It's not a bug in our software per se, but more a situation where Windows 10 is pushed to its limits.  Which is what a stress test is supposed to do BTW ... ;) ... but I understand that from an end-user's perspective it is annoying to experience.  We're in discussion with the development team right now to try and find a workaround for this issue.

10 hours ago, Fiery said:

No, the issue seems to be more the combination of large amount of RAM and large amount of CPU threads.  So when you use an ordinary system with 4 cores and 4 or 8 threads, with small amount of RAM (8GB or less), Windows 10 can quickly allocate the physical memory for the AIDA64 memory stress test.  But as you increase the amount of RAM, and especially if you also increase the amount of CPU threads (logical processors), the issue gets a lot worse.  To us it seems Windows 10 simply "gets too busy" for 10 or 20 seconds when an application uses too many concurrent threads where each of those threads tries to allocate a large portion of RAM.  It becomes a "race for RAM" situation where Windows 10 gets unresponsive.  It's not a bug in our software per se, but more a situation where Windows 10 is pushed to its limits.  Which is what a stress test is supposed to do BTW ... ;) ... but I understand that from an end-user's perspective it is annoying to experience.  We're in discussion with the development team right now to try and find a workaround for this issue.

Thanks for trying to solve this "problem"
I do not know how it is "coded" but why not use the same method as HCI Memtest or Ram test (or even Realbench)
There is no lag with these Stress test

Besides, I noticed that if I use one of these Stress tests and that System Stability Test of Aida64 is open (without launching the stress of Aida64), the window System Stability Test lag (for the refresh of temperatures, voltages, etc ...)
But not windows of other Stress Test

Thanks

On ‎2018‎. ‎04‎. ‎07‎. at 10:39 PM, tistou77 said:

Thanks for trying to solve this "problem"
I do not know how it is "coded" but why not use the same method as HCI Memtest or Ram test (or even Realbench)
There is no lag with these Stress test

Besides, I noticed that if I use one of these Stress tests and that System Stability Test of Aida64 is open (without launching the stress of Aida64), the window System Stability Test lag (for the refresh of temperatures, voltages, etc ...)
But not windows of other Stress Test

Thanks

There are many ways of allocating huge chunks of memory actually.  We're already working on a proper solution.

12 minutes ago, Fiery said:

There are many ways of allocating huge chunks of memory actually.  We're already working on a proper solution.

Ok thanks ;)

I will wait until it has changed, I tested today and the window remained "frozen" for 5 minutes (indicated "not responding" in the title bar)
I check by moving the mouse to be sure that it is not the PC that has frozen :)

On ‎2018‎. ‎04‎. ‎09‎. at 6:29 PM, tistou77 said:

Ok thanks ;)

I will wait until it has changed, I tested today and the window remained "frozen" for 5 minutes (indicated "not responding" in the title bar)
I check by moving the mouse to be sure that it is not the PC that has frozen :)

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fiery said:

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

Okay, I'm testing this tonight or tomorrow morning
Memory allocation is improved or is there an option to choose the % of memory to allocate ?

Thanks for your great work :)

2 hours ago, tistou77 said:

Okay, I'm testing this tonight or tomorrow morning
Memory allocation is improved or is there an option to choose the % of memory to allocate ?

Thanks for your great work :)

We've found a few parts in the code where we could improve threading.  It seems the issue is very complicated, but we may have stumbled upon the root cause of the user interface freezing.  The allocated memory amount % cannot be configured right now, and perhaps it wouldn't be as useful as we previously thought.

2 hours ago, Fiery said:

We've found a few parts in the code where we could improve threading.  It seems the issue is very complicated, but we may have stumbled upon the root cause of the user interface freezing.  The allocated memory amount % cannot be configured right now, and perhaps it wouldn't be as useful as we previously thought.

It's good for the times, it runs normally (there is no lag), thanks ;)

Still 98% of the memory used, for the moment, we launch several program that consumes memory, launch the Stress Test and we close the programs, like that, all the ram is not used (~90%) and the PC remains "accessible"

12 hours ago, tistou77 said:

It's good for the times, it runs normally (there is no lag), thanks ;)

Still 98% of the memory used, for the moment, we launch several program that consumes memory, launch the Stress Test and we close the programs, like that, all the ram is not used (~90%) and the PC remains "accessible"

Thank you for your feedback.  The memory stress test is designed to "eat up" all the RAM in order to put all of the system memory under scrutiny.  You're not really supposed to launch any other software while the test is running.

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:59 AM, Fiery said:

Thank you for your feedback.  The memory stress test is designed to "eat up" all the RAM in order to put all of the system memory under scrutiny.  You're not really supposed to launch any other software while the test is running.

In fact, I noticed that if I leave Aida64 allocated all the memory (+ 98%), I have an error after a few seconds, if I leave that ~ 95% I have no error

23 hours ago, tistou77 said:

In fact, I noticed that if I leave Aida64 allocated all the memory (+ 98%), I have an error after a few seconds, if I leave that ~ 95% I have no error

Do you have a swap space (swap file) defined?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎. ‎04‎. ‎21‎. at 10:13 AM, tistou77 said:

No swap file (since Vista)

In such case you have to keep in mind that AIDA64 memory stress test will consume basically all the physical memory you've got.  If you launch any applications while the memory stress test is running, you can have Windows run out of physical memory anytime. 

3 hours ago, Fiery said:

In such case you have to keep in mind that AIDA64 memory stress test will consume basically all the physical memory you've got.  If you launch any applications while the memory stress test is running, you can have Windows run out of physical memory anytime. 

Yes, that's why I only use Stress Test where I can choose the amount of ram to "test"
With Aida64, I am forced to open programs that use ram, launched the Stress Test and after closed programs, which is not easy

For that I asked you if the choice of the ram to be tested could be implanted in Aida64

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎. ‎05‎. ‎04‎. at 6:00 PM, tistou77 said:

Yes, that's why I only use Stress Test where I can choose the amount of ram to "test"
With Aida64, I am forced to open programs that use ram, launched the Stress Test and after closed programs, which is not easy

For that I asked you if the choice of the ram to be tested could be implanted in Aida64

We've implemented the requested Memory allocation % option in the Preferences of the AIDA64 System Stability Test.

Let me know how it works ;) 

23 minutes ago, Fiery said:

We've implemented the requested Memory allocation % option in the Preferences of the AIDA64 System Stability Test.

Let me know how it works ;) 

It seems to work well, thank you very much :)

The Stress Test is the same, it's stress like the previous version or harder ?

16 minutes ago, tistou77 said:

It seems to work well, thank you very much :)

The Stress Test is the same, it's stress like the previous version or harder ?

Thank you for your feedback.  The test is the same as before, it's only the amount of memory to be stressed that you can now adjust.