AIDA64 Discussion Forum
Greg

Fan speed (Lenovo ThinkCentre M710q)

Can you help me get the fan speed sensor detected please? This particular model of computer only has a single fan for the whole system (being a tiny machine).

17 minutes ago, Greg said:

Can you help me get the fan speed sensor detected please? This particular model of computer only has a single fan for the whole system (being a tiny machine).

Not all notebooks are able to monitor the fan RPM, but we can give it a try.  Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> ISA Sensor Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

BTW, do you have a factory software (made by Lenovo) that can measure the fan RPM?  Or can you see the fan RPM in the BIOS Setup perhaps?

Thanks,
Fiery

It's not a notebook, but a very small VESA mounting PC; but I guess many/all of the internals are notebook orientated. There is no Lenovo software on my system to measure the speed and the BIOS does not give it either. The BIOS allows me to 3 options: Low Acoustic (low speed until needed), Low Thermal (slightly higher than normal fan) and Full Speed.

I will do the ISA sensor dump now...

isasensordump.txt

On ‎2018‎. ‎05‎. ‎07‎. at 6:47 PM, Greg said:

It's not a notebook, but a very small VESA mounting PC; but I guess many/all of the internals are notebook orientated. There is no Lenovo software on my system to measure the speed and the BIOS does not give it either. The BIOS allows me to 3 options: Low Acoustic (low speed until needed), Low Thermal (slightly higher than normal fan) and Full Speed.

I will do the ISA sensor dump now...

isasensordump.txt

Thank you. Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Let me know how it works.

• Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:43 PM, Greg said:

AMAZING!!!! Great work. It shows the fan speed now.

Thank you.

Thank you for your feedback ;) 

• Like 1