Customize sensor page (Asus Rampage VI)

tistou77

Hello

In the latest versions, the Water IN and OUT sensors have been integrated, very good
These sensors are not translated yet, I looked in the language file, 
and the modification works

On the other hand would it be possible to put the In and Out with the option "Extented Labels"
If like me, we have only one probe, the In is not obligatory

Thanks

6 minutes ago, tistou77 said:

Hello

In the latest versions, the Water IN and OUT sensors have been integrated, very good
These sensors are not translated yet, I looked in the language file, but the changes do not work

On the other hand would it be possible to put the In and Out with the option "Extented Labels"
If like me, we have only one probe, the In is not obligatory

Thanks

The French language module will be updated in the next AIDA64 beta build.

As far as I can tell, you cannot avoid putting more and more pressure on us about implementing the feature of renaming labels on the Computer / Sensor page ;);)  That would solve many of your existing issues about sensor labels I guess.  We'll jump on it now, it's already too much pressure :D 

6 minutes ago, Fiery said:

As far as I can tell, you cannot avoid putting more and more pressure on us about implementing the feature of renaming labels on the Computer / Sensor page ;);)  That would solve many of your existing issues about sensor labels I guess.  We'll jump on it now, it's already too much pressure :D 

I modified the language file, it's good (I had edited my post)
Ok, I thought the option "Extented Labels" was to show / hide this kind of information :D

5 minutes ago, tistou77 said:

Ok, I thought the option "Extented Labels" was to show / hide this kind of information :D

No, it's just to let you find from which source a certain sensor reading comes from.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:34 AM, Fiery said:

Here's the first AIDA64 beta where you can rename labels on the Computer / Sensor page.  Right now it only works if you click on the label to edit it in-place.  So there's no right-click context menu or main menu item to perform the renaming.

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Let me know how it works ;)  Please note that if you want to revert back to the default label, just clear the label (empty string) and press Enter.

Also note that we've had to rewrite the whole code behind the Sensor page in order to implement the label renaming feature, so the order of the readings could be slightly different than previously.  And also there's a slim chance that we've left minor bugs in there -- which I'm sure you'll catch ;)

8 hours ago, Fiery said:

Here's the first AIDA64 beta where you can rename labels on the Computer / Sensor page.  Right now it only works if you click on the label to edit it in-place.  So there's no right-click context menu or main menu item to perform the renaming.

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Let me know how it works ;)  Please note that if you want to revert back to the default label, just clear the label (empty string) and press Enter.

Also note that we've had to rewrite the whole code behind the Sensor page in order to implement the label renaming feature, so the order of the readings could be slightly different than previously.  And also there's a slim chance that we've left minor bugs in there -- which I'm sure you'll catch ;)

Thanks so very much for your great work ;)
I test that when I go home
I will look for the order of the "probes" too

PS: tested on my laptop, it seems to work but very few probes

So I tested and it works, great :wub:

I noticed some small anomalies

1) For the French translation, Water In is translated as Eau dans, while it is Eau entrée (
or something like that)

2) In the voltage section, some voltages have been moved, but nothing serious, just the probes that are a little mixed (Before / After)

Before.PNG.c00a398ffd277e3df5abf58150a32fde.PNG   After.PNG.1f414f0bbeb519d8f74c03cefc007861.PNG

3) And I tested to rename the name of a section (Cooling Fans for example)
It works but it's not registered, and at the next launch, it's the default name

Thanks so much for your great work :)

PS: the name change is not reported in the System Stability Test?

1 hour ago, tistou77 said:

1) For the French translation, Water In is translated as Eau dans, while it is Eau entrée (or something like that)

2) In the voltage section, some voltages have been moved, but nothing serious, just the probes that are a little mixed (Before / After)

Before.PNG.c00a398ffd277e3df5abf58150a32fde.PNG   After.PNG.1f414f0bbeb519d8f74c03cefc007861.PNG

3) And I tested to rename the name of a section (Cooling Fans for example)
It works but it's not registered, and at the next launch, it's the default name

Thanks so much for your great work :)

PS: the name change is not reported in the System Stability Test?

1) Fixed it, thank you.

2) We'll bump VBAT Battery voltage down a line to make it look slightly better.

3) The groups (sections) cannot be renamed permanently.

4) System Stability Test uses a separate sensor module, so the changes you apply to the Computer / Sensor page will not affect the System Stability Test.

Thank you for your feedback.  Please keep 'em comin' ;) 

7 minutes ago, Fiery said:

1) Fixed it, thank you.

2) We'll bump VBAT Battery voltage down a line to make it look slightly better.

3) The groups (sections) cannot be renamed permanently.

4) System Stability Test uses a separate sensor module, so the changes you apply to the Computer / Sensor page will not affect the System Stability Test.

Thank you for your feedback.  Please keep 'em comin' ;) 

1) You're welcome

2) ok ;) For the temperatures, it's very good
Maybe as for temperatures, "grouped" voltages (with the same icons) like this may be

CPU Core, VID, CPU Cache, VCCIN, VCCIO, VCCSA, +3.3v, etc... , VBAT, DIMM,  GPU Core

3) Ok thanks

4) Ok

Thanks so much ;)

• 3 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:59 PM, Fiery said:

Grouping cannot be 100% consistent about icons, because for example, on systems featuring an Intel iGPU the CPU GT Cores temperature will have a different icon :)

Hello

Ok, and for the CPU cache, etc ... it will not be better than grouped with the CPU Core, CPU VID ?
Like this (t
hat the "CPU" voltages are "grouped")

Capture2.png.b58e4a5cda5f92fb7e2511fa3a5a9a20.png

Thanks

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:30 PM, tistou77 said:

Hello

Ok, and for the CPU cache, etc ... it will not be better than grouped with the CPU Core, CPU VID ?
Like this (t
hat the "CPU" voltages are "grouped")

Capture2.png.b58e4a5cda5f92fb7e2511fa3a5a9a20.png

Thanks

We'll try to improve on that.  It's not easy, since there're hundreds of sensor readings, coming from various sources (like CPU, chipset, onboard devices, HDD, SSD, video card(s), etc).  You can only see a few of them, but the capabilities of AIDA64 is much wider than what you can experience on one system.  Maybe the best way would be to enable re-arranging items on the Sensor page? ;) 

11 minutes ago, Fiery said:

We'll try to improve on that.  It's not easy, since there're hundreds of sensor readings, coming from various sources (like CPU, chipset, onboard devices, HDD, SSD, video card(s), etc).  You can only see a few of them, but the capabilities of AIDA64 is much wider than what you can experience on one system.  Maybe the best way would be to enable re-arranging items on the Sensor page? ;) 

Yes I doubt that with the number of components, the sensors are very numerous
Indeed, "re-arranging items" will be a good idea, a drag & drop ?

Thanks for your great work

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:46 PM, tistou77 said:

Yes I doubt that with the number of components, the sensors are very numerous
Indeed, "re-arranging items" will be a good idea, a drag & drop ?

Thanks for your great work

We're already working on enabling drag & drop ;) Stay tuned........

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:54 PM, tistou77 said:

Ok thanks, good news :) 

Well... It's not quite as easy as I've expected :)  As long as you move the items inside the same group -- e.g. you move CPU temperature inside the Termpeatures group one line up or down -- it works great.  But, when you move an item into another group, things could get messy.  Not to mention a potential scenario when you would like to rename a group to e.g. CPU, and move all CPU related items into that group.  Also, it would complicate things even more if you wanted to remove (or hide) an item, and especially when you want to remove (or hide) a group or add a new group.  The potential need to change the grouping logic is the most challenging task to accomplish by simple drag&drop and context menu actions...  What do you think?

2 hours ago, Fiery said:

Well... It's not quite as easy as I've expected :)  As long as you move the items inside the same group -- e.g. you move CPU temperature inside the Termpeatures group one line up or down -- it works great.  But, when you move an item into another group, things could get messy.  Not to mention a potential scenario when you would like to rename a group to e.g. CPU, and move all CPU related items into that group.  Also, it would complicate things even more if you wanted to remove (or hide) an item, and especially when you want to remove (or hide) a group or add a new group.  The potential need to change the grouping logic is the most challenging task to accomplish by simple drag&drop and context menu actions...  What do you think?

So the best I think and to avoid too much problem

- Limit the movement in the same group (temperature, voltages, etc ...) if too complicated to move to another group
- Hide an item (temperature, voltage) with the right click
- Rename a group

To add a group and move items in this group, it seems complicated ?

After to avoid adding groups, just create the groups that are needed
Watercooling group for pumps, flowmeter, etc ...
For fans, there is already a group, the same for temperatures and voltages

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:40 PM, tistou77 said:

Hello

it's slightly progressing or not yet ?

Thanks

It's on hold right now.  We'll continue to work on it in December or January.  We're currently very busy with other issues :(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...