Jump to content
AIDA64 Discussion Forum
Lo91

SensorPanel freezes after screensaver (Asus Crosshair VI Hero)

Recommended Posts

Hello,

my sensor panel freezes after the screensaver. I'm using it to monitor my custom loop temps/water temps on the desktop.
Here are my PC specs:

>AMD R7 1800X
>Asus Crosshair VI Hero @ Bios v. 6201
>G-Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZR
>GTX 1080Ti FE
>Win10x64 Pro - Build 16299
>Aida64 Stable 5.99.4900

I also have the Asus AI Suite running in the background (systray). After the Aida sensor panel freezes I open the AI suite and it shows the temps perfectly fine. Tried reinstalling Aida64 several times and it didn't help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:22 AM, Lo91 said:

Hello,

my sensor panel freezes after the screensaver. I'm using it to monitor my custom loop temps/water temps on the desktop.
Here are my PC specs:

>AMD R7 1800X
>Asus Crosshair VI Hero @ Bios v. 6201
>G-Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZR
>GTX 1080Ti FE
>Win10x64 Pro - Build 16299
>Aida64 Stable 5.99.4900

I also have the Asus AI Suite running in the background (systray). After the Aida sensor panel freezes I open the AI suite and it shows the temps perfectly fine. Tried reinstalling Aida64 several times and it didn't help.

What kind of water cooling system do you use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, this thread caught my eye, I am having similar problems. The sensorpanel freezes.  I cannot guarantee that the screensaver is involved every time, but at some point the sensorpanel just freezes. It may be the screensaver, but I cannot confirm that (will keep my eyes open in the future).  Like the original poster I have an AMD based setup and windows 10:

  • CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 4066 MHz (40.75 x 100)
  • Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VII
  • Graphics card ASUS Radeon RX Vega 64
  • Aida64 v5.99.4900 (but also had the problem on a previous version)
  • EDIT: since you asked..I have a Fractal Designs Celsius S36 water cooler on this machine, but AIDA can't see it..
  •  

I love the sensorpanel because it tells me if things work or if they have a problem. A diagnosis and a fix is of course preferable, but in the meantime, is there any way to restart AIDA with sensorpanel after sensorpanel freeze, without rebooting? 

(are there any hanging processess that must be killed to restart the sensorpanel? what to look for? )

 

 

 

 

Edited by bbble
added water cooling info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:23 AM, bbble said:

Hi there, this thread caught my eye, I am having similar problems. The sensorpanel freezes.  I cannot guarantee that the screensaver is involved every time, but at some point the sensorpanel just freezes. It may be the screensaver, but I cannot confirm that (will keep my eyes open in the future).  Like the original poster I have an AMD based setup and windows 10:

  • CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 4066 MHz (40.75 x 100)
  • Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VII
  • Graphics card ASUS Radeon RX Vega 64
  • Aida64 v5.99.4900 (but also had the problem on a previous version)
  • EDIT: since you asked..I have a Fractal Designs Celsius S36 water cooler on this machine, but AIDA can't see it..
  •  

I love the sensorpanel because it tells me if things work or if they have a problem. A diagnosis and a fix is of course preferable, but in the meantime, is there any way to restart AIDA with sensorpanel after sensorpanel freeze, without rebooting? 

(are there any hanging processess that must be killed to restart the sensorpanel? what to look for? )

I don't think it's related to any processes.  After the SensorPanel freezes, please try to right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> Sensor Profiling Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.


Thanks,
Fiery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have managed to freeze AIDA64 Sensorpanel twice since I read your post above, and I have tried to follow your instructions, but I cannot get the Sensor Profiling Dump to complete. It also freezes!  After printing videodriver section, it adds one more empty line and then freezes. The message at the base of the Aida64 Debug Dump window says "collecting sensor profiling data". This occured pretty shortly after a reboot.

Possible conflict with other programs that locks up sensor information?

Edited by bbble
clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:40 PM, bbble said:

I have managed to freeze AIDA64 Sensorpanel twice since I read your post above, and I have tried to follow your instructions, but I cannot get the Sensor Profiling Dump to complete. It also freezes!  After printing videodriver section, it adds one more empty line and then freezes. The message at the base of the Aida64 Debug Dump window says "collecting sensor profiling data". This occured pretty shortly after a reboot.

Possible conflict with other programs that locks up sensor information?

Thank you.  The Fractal Designs Celsius S36 isn't a smart water cooler, so it cannot provide thermal reading or other measurements to monitoring software like AIDA64.

Please try to disable GPU monitoring in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability / GPU sensor support, and let me know if the issue comes back again.  Note that you need to restart AIDA64 after altering that option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having tried  for a while with the GPU Sensor support turned off, it seems like that was neither the poison nor the cure. I experience roughly the same number of AIDA64 freezes as when it is turned on. Once it freezes up, I am not  able to restart the program. Further suggestions are welcome.

I had the idea to put a clock on my SensorPanel, so that I can see exactly when it freezes (it often happens when I am not paying attention). This should give me a chance to cross-check in system logs etc. what else is happening in the computer. I am not very good at Windows system detail (more familiar with Linux) but, yeah there are some error messages in the system log I am checking out. They seem to be power and shutdown related and have an unclear relation to AIDA64 for me. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:28 PM, bbble said:

Having tried  for a while with the GPU Sensor support turned off, it seems like that was neither the poison nor the cure. I experience roughly the same number of AIDA64 freezes as when it is turned on. Once it freezes up, I am not  able to restart the program. Further suggestions are welcome.

I had the idea to put a clock on my SensorPanel, so that I can see exactly when it freezes (it often happens when I am not paying attention). This should give me a chance to cross-check in system logs etc. what else is happening in the computer. I am not very good at Windows system detail (more familiar with Linux) but, yeah there are some error messages in the system log I am checking out. They seem to be power and shutdown related and have an unclear relation to AIDA64 for me. 

Please try to create a Sensor Profiling Dump right after you start AIDA64.  Hopefully it won't freeze then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my sensor profiling dump, created after a restart of machine + Aida64:

------[ Versions ]------

Program Version : AIDA64 Extreme v5.99.4900
BenchDLL Version: 4.3.793-x64
Windows Version : Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17134.523 (64-bit)

------[ Motherboard Info ]------

Motherboard ID      : 63-0100-000001-00101111-040517-Chipset$0AAAA000_BIOS DATE: 07/09/18 17:26:58 VER: 05.0000D
Motherboard Model   : Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero
Motherboard Chipset : AMD X470, AMD Taishan, AMD K17 IMC

DMI MB Manufacturer : ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
DMI MB Product      : ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO
DMI MB Version      : Rev 1.xx
DMI MB Serial       : 180629873200029
DMI SYS Manufacturer: System manufacturer
DMI SYS Product     : System Product Name
DMI SYS Version     : System Version
DMI SYS Serial      : System Serial Number
DMI BIOS Version    : 0804

------[ Video Adapters ]------

Asus ROG-Strix-RXVega64-O8G-Gaming [1002-687F / 1043-04C4]

------[ Video Driver ]------

atiadlxx: 25.20.15002.58

aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||amdxc64||8.18.10.0286|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||amdxc32||8.18.10.0286|||atiumd64|||atidxx64|||atidxx64|||atiumdag|||atidxx32|||atidxx32|||atiumdva|||atiumd6a
aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||amdxc64||8.18.10.0286|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||amdxc32||8.18.10.0286|||atiumd64|||atidxx64|||atidxx64|||atiumdag|||atidxx32|||atidxx32|||atiumdva|||atiumd6a
aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||amdxc64||8.18.10.0286|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||amdxc32||8.18.10.0286|||atiumd64|||atidxx64|||atidxx64|||atiumdag|||atidxx32|||atidxx32|||atiumdva|||atiumd6a
aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||amdxc64||8.18.10.0286|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||amdxc32||8.18.10.0286|||atiumd64|||atidxx64|||atidxx64|||atiumdag|||atidxx32|||atidxx32|||atiumdva|||atiumd6a
aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||amdxc64||8.18.10.0286|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||amdxc32||8.18.10.0286|||atiumd64|||atidxx64|||atidxx64|||atiumdag|||atidxx32|||atidxx32|||atiumdva|||atiumd6a
aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||amdxc64||8.18.10.0286|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||amdxc32||8.18.10.0286|||atiumd64|||atidxx64|||atidxx64|||atiumdag|||atidxx32|||atidxx32|||atiumdva|||atiumd6a
aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||amdxc64||8.18.10.0286|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||amdxc32||8.18.10.0286|||atiumd64|||atidxx64|||atidxx64|||atiumdag|||atidxx32|||atidxx32|||atiumdva|||atiumd6a
aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx64||8.17.10.1646|||amdxc64||8.18.10.0286|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||aticfx32||8.17.10.1646|||amdxc32||8.18.10.0286|||atiumd64|||atidxx64|||atidxx64|||atiumdag|||atidxx32|||atidxx32|||atiumdva|||atiumd6a

------[ Sensor Profiling (Init) ]------

SensorInfo         :  347.411 ms
GPUSensorInfo      :    0.128 ms
GPU01 / ATI Diode  :    0.087 ms
GPU01 / ATI Fan PWM:    0.006 ms
HDD                :    0.084 ms
SPD                :    0.551 ms
AMB                :    0.000 ms
DIMMTS             :    1.522 ms
Asus EPU2          :    0.000 ms
Asus EPU1          :    0.000 ms
nVIDIA SPP         :    0.000 ms
nVIDIA MCP         :    0.000 ms
Intel GMCH         :    0.000 ms
Intel PCH          :    0.000 ms
Intel SNB          :    0.002 ms
Zambezi            :    0.000 ms
Kaveri             :    0.000 ms
Zen                :    0.019 ms
AMD SVI2           :    0.000 ms
MTC0303            :    0.000 ms
Smart Battery      :    0.000 ms
HID UPS            :    0.000 ms
Asetek LC          :    0.000 ms
Kraken X42         :    0.000 ms
Riing+             :    0.000 ms
Asus WMI           :  334.209 ms
Digifanless        :    0.001 ms
Corsair RMi        :    0.000 ms
Corsair AXi        :    0.000 ms
Odin               :    0.000 ms
Aquaero            :    0.000 ms

------[ Sensor Profiling (Last) ]------

SensorInfo         :  379.957 ms
GPUSensorInfo      :    0.224 ms
GPU01 / ATI Diode  :    0.153 ms
GPU01 / ATI Fan PWM:    0.009 ms
HDD                :    0.154 ms
SPD                :    1.014 ms
AMB                :    0.001 ms
DIMMTS             :    1.188 ms
Asus EPU2          :    0.000 ms
Asus EPU1          :    0.000 ms
nVIDIA SPP         :    0.000 ms
nVIDIA MCP         :    0.000 ms
Intel GMCH         :    0.000 ms
Intel PCH          :    0.000 ms
Intel SNB          :    0.002 ms
Zambezi            :    0.000 ms
Kaveri             :    0.000 ms
Zen                :    0.030 ms
AMD SVI2           :    0.000 ms
MTC0303            :    0.000 ms
Smart Battery      :    0.000 ms
HID UPS            :    0.000 ms
Asetek LC          :    0.000 ms
Kraken X42         :    0.000 ms
Riing+             :    0.000 ms
Asus WMI           :  365.880 ms
Digifanless        :    0.001 ms
Corsair RMi        :    0.000 ms
Corsair AXi        :    0.001 ms
Odin               :    0.000 ms
Aquaero            :    0.000 ms

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bbble said:

my sensor profiling dump, created after a restart of machine + Aida64:

[...]

Thank you.  I think the issue may be the Asus WMI ACPI interface that was introduced on a few Asus AM4 motherboards so far, including yours.  You can try to disable using that interface, but then other issues will appear :(  At this point I'm not sure what can be done on our end, since neither of the available sensor solutions would work 100% reliably on your motherboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×