PC crash immediately after launching AIDA64 (ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+)

Steph

I just installed 5.99.4900 and right after launching the program, on the splash screen while scanning my machine, my computer crashes. The lovely new BSOD says it's a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT stop code. I'm on Win 10 1803, x64. The event viewer only says that my computer crashed from a bugcheck. I'm not overclocked.

AMD A-10 5800k, 12GB DDR3 1866

4 hours ago, Steph said:

I just installed 5.99.4900 and right after launching the program, on the splash screen while scanning my machine, my computer crashes. The lovely new BSOD says it's a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT stop code. I'm on Win 10 1803, x64. The event viewer only says that my computer crashed from a bugcheck. I'm not overclocked.

AMD A-10 5800k, 12GB DDR3 1866

Please try to launch AIDA64 while holding the left Shift key down, and try to catch the last status line displayed on the bottom of the AIDA64 splash screen.  Let me know what the status line reads when the BSoD happens.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 4:41 AM, Steph said:

It crashed on scanning SMART devices. Before I think it had crashed while checking CPU or memory. According to the memory dump, it was caused by ntoskrnl.exe.

What motherboard do you have?  Do you have the onboard SATA controller configured as IDE, AHCI or RAID?  If RAID, then do you have any RAID arrays defined?

1 hour ago, Steph said:

ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+ , I believe SATA is set as AHCI. No RAID arrays.

Just a little help. If you are not sure what the SATA MODE is your SATA Controller set on, please watch the video from min 2:45 and check it out in your BIOS to be sure:

video

You may also take a pic/screenshot of it and attach here. ;)

On 3/2/2019 at 9:37 PM, Steph said:

It's set to AHCI.

Just a suggestion whilst you are waiting for the answer from AIDA's team. If i were you, i would try to solve the issue reinstalling the OS with a different Windows 10 version (for instance, as you are on 1803 for now,  1809 would be installed then ). Why so? Because most of users experienced various bugs on their's machines usinf any Win 10 ver., me as well. Migrating to a new version seems solved many old issues that even resisted after patching the version with updates, but ofc new ones "must" be born in order to MS exists. Otherwise, why would we need MS anymore and how would they justify the usual connecting to our PCs and gathering our more or less private data. Me myself am using Windows 10 with integrated updates where the updates have been installed right with the OS. Then just enter your licence and that's it. Ofc, disabling spyware tasks, auto Win Updates, telemetry etc. with a program like O&O ShutUp is unavoidable. Drivers, used programs.. Ok, not so fast, but after it the PC must be faster, clean of malicious things etc.

Just to mention that versions 1803 and 1809 are the slowest, but you can decrease  HW usage by some tricks ( read more ).

Also, seems MS released performance usage with their latest patch for 1809 (10.0.17763.348) ( changelog ).

Hope i helped at least a bit with my suggestion but it's up to you to decide what's the most appropriate to do. The easiest solution (for you) would be the patch for AIDA if it causes the issue. 

8 hours ago, Steph said:

Manually updated to 1809 and same issue; as soon as I run AIDA and it scans SMART devices, boom, BSOD.

A stubborn issue. :( But in my opinion when we upgrade Win 10 version as you did, only certain system files have been replaced, not all. The files concerning new featues, reported issues that MS solved will be replaced certainly but what with the rest... So if a virus or sth else damaged some of the files or drivers, expectably some of them will be renewed with the upgrade, but plenty of them won't. Besides reinstalling OS with formatting, system repair could refresh the files thoroughly, but me myself don't prefer it. Like repaired and new pants are not same. 

A real example: my brother had an issue where none of USB ports worked at all on his Notebook, not even after reinstalling drivers and whatever he did unless migrated to another Win 10 version. I think he had been using 1709 then installed 1703.

Probably nothing of it could solve the issue with your PC, but who knows. 

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:49 AM, Steph said:

Manually updated to 1809 and same issue; as soon as I run AIDA and it scans SMART devices, boom, BSOD.

Try to navigate to the installation folder of AIDA64.  If you can already find a file called AIDA64.INI there, open it using Notepad, find the following 2 lines in there:

LowLevelRAIDEnum=1
LowLevelRAIDSMART=1

And change those lines to:

LowLevelRAIDEnum=0
LowLevelRAIDSMART=0

------------------

If you don't yet have that file there, create a new, empty text file called AIDA64.INI there, and add the following lines to the file using Notepad:

[Generic]
LowLevelRAIDEnum=0
LowLevelRAIDSMART=0

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:55 AM, Steph said:

Wow, that worked. Made the change, started the program, and it finally ran and brought up the monitoring window.

Thank you for your feedback.  It means the RAID driver that's currently installed for your SATA controller gets confused about one of the RAID enumeration methods that AIDA64 issues at startup.  If your system doesn't have a RAID array defined, you can leave the RAID enumeration module disabled.

On 3/11/2019 at 3:02 AM, Fiery said:

If you don't yet have that file there, create a new, empty text file called AIDA64.INI there, and add the following lines to the file using Notepad:

[Generic]
LowLevelRAIDEnum=0
LowLevelRAIDSMART=0

I tried to run aida64 engineer 5.99.4900 in a old computer with this motherboard: http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/dell-0m017g-specs/
but always the pc stop responding in the splash screen until reboots with no error message... so i try your fix and works well now, so thank you very much.
The system BIOS is configured in RAID mode with a single HDD in order to activate NCQ because the motherboard BIOS has no AHCI mode.

1 minute ago, Preston said:

I tried to run aida64 engineer 5.99.4900 in a old computer with this motherboard: http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/dell-0m017g-specs/
but always the pc stop responding in the splash screen until reboots with no error message... so i try your fix and works well now, so thank you very much.
The system BIOS is configured in RAID mode with a single HDD in order to activate NCQ because the motherboard BIOS has no AHCI mode.

I'm glad the advice helped ;) 

• 1 year later...

Hello There
i'm planing to put a samll screen to use it to monitor my computer
so i installed the trial Version of Aida64 6.32.5600 to use the sensor panel to see what does it have in option i created my own sensor panel
and right after that my Pc crach randomly , did all the diagnostics and found that aida is causing the crach when i end all the processes of aida my computer work fin for 2 - 4 days without craching
if i let aida runing it crache randomly every 4 - 6 hours and some time every 30 min
i change it to aidaEnginner and same issu pc crache randomly when i run aida and sensor panel
any help pls

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2020 at 7:01 PM, Yanis1601 said:

Hello There
i'm planing to put a samll screen to use it to monitor my computer
so i installed the trial Version of Aida64 6.32.5600 to use the sensor panel to see what does it have in option i created my own sensor panel
and right after that my Pc crach randomly , did all the diagnostics and found that aida is causing the crach when i end all the processes of aida my computer work fin for 2 - 4 days without craching
if i let aida runing it crache randomly every 4 - 6 hours and some time every 30 min
i change it to aidaEnginner and same issu pc crache randomly when i run aida and sensor panel
any help pls

What motherboard, CPU and video card(s) do you have in your computer?

On 1/7/2021 at 3:05 AM, Yanis1601 said:

HI
i  have an asus X370 F with ryzen 7 2700x and Rtx2080 super
i have to mention that i alredy did a cealn instal of windows , and tried Aida Enginner
and i had the same crash
Best regards

Try to update your motherboard BIOS to the latest version, and enable the option called Asus WMI sensor support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability.  That should help to avoid crashes on sensor access on your particular motherboard.

13 hours ago, Yanis1601 said:

Hello evryone
Asus WMI sensor was already enabled in the stability setting tried to disabled it and hade always the probléme
Any other solutions pls ?

In Stability settings try to disable GPU sensor support, although that may mean giving up on too many readings for you.  And my hunch is that the motherboard sensor is the one that causes the headaches, not the GPU.