Jump to content
AIDA64 Discussion Forum
Yemble

OSD Click Through Option

Recommended Posts

AIDA OSD panel cannot currently be locked on the desktop, which is a PITA.

Why not implement a click-through option, exactly like Rainmeter, whereby mouse clicks are effectively ignored by the OSD, effectively locking it in place?  In Rainmeter, CRTL/right-click displays the context menu of the gadget.

Ref. screenshot, Rainmeter gadgets on right cannot be accidentally dragged, whereas AIDA OSD can.

OSD1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:25 PM, Yemble said:

AIDA OSD panel cannot currently be locked on the desktop, which is a PITA.

Why not implement a click-through option, exactly like Rainmeter, whereby mouse clicks are effectively ignored by the OSD, effectively locking it in place?  In Rainmeter, CRTL/right-click displays the context menu of the gadget.

Ref. screenshot, Rainmeter gadgets on right cannot be accidentally dragged, whereas AIDA OSD can.

OSD Panel is supposed to be a quick & easy solution to display sensor readings.  If you need a more advanced solution, try AIDA64 SensorPanel which -- among many other things -- supports locking its position and window size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Fiery said:

OSD Panel is supposed to be a quick & easy solution to display sensor readings.  If you need a more advanced solution, try AIDA64 SensorPanel which -- among many other things -- supports locking its position and window size.

A disappointing response really.  Quick and simple is exactly what I want and SensorPanel is anything but, which is why I am using the OSD.  For me, OSD is the superior of the two options.  Given that you have gone to the trouble of developing the OSD in the first place, why not complete the job and allow it to be locked on the screen... or is this too much like rocket science?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Yemble said:

A disappointing response really.  Quick and simple is exactly what I want and SensorPanel is anything but, which is why I am using the OSD.  For me, OSD is the superior of the two options.  Given that you have gone to the trouble of developing the OSD in the first place, why not complete the job and allow it to be locked on the screen... or is this too much like rocket science?

Please avoid being arrogant with us on this forum.  Please also try to enable the SensorPanel, and check if the Lock panel position option works the way you expect (but for the OSD Panel).  If yes, then we can implement that behavior for the OSD Panel as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Fiery said:

Please avoid being arrogant with us on this forum.  Please also try to enable the SensorPanel, and check if the Lock panel position option works the way you expect (but for the OSD Panel).  If yes, then we can implement that behavior for the OSD Panel as well.

Yep, that's all I'm requesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Yemble said:

Yep, that's all I'm requesting.

It will be implemented in the next AIDA64 beta update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×