AIDA64 Discussion Forum
vlad

Can we have a hotkey to turn RGB LED on/off?

Hello to the developers! Long time no talking....

If is not too much trouble, I would like to have the ability to turn on/off the RGB LED function via hotkey. It takes complete control of the keyboard and mouse rgb lightning and this is not always what I want. Having to dig through the menus is cumbersome.

Idealy would be the have a transparent background color that would let other lights from devices software to go through, although I do not know if that is possible..... It seems to me that the peripheral only lets one app to "tell it what to do".

Btw I use Razer Huntsman and Razer rgb mouse....

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:07 AM, vlad said:

Hello to the developers! Long time no talking....

If is not too much trouble, I would like to have the ability to turn on/off the RGB LED function via hotkey. It takes complete control of the keyboard and mouse rgb lightning and this is not always what I want. Having to dig through the menus is cumbersome.

Idealy would be the have a transparent background color that would let other lights from devices software to go through, although I do not know if that is possible..... It seems to me that the peripheral only lets one app to "tell it what to do".

Btw I use Razer Huntsman and Razer rgb mouse....

The requested feature has been implemented in the latest AIDA64 update of v6.00:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xe

Thank you for considering my request.

There seems to be a bug here. Via hotkey you can not toggle the function, you can only turn it on. Also, regardless if the preferences panel is open or not, the "Enable RGB LED keyboard support" checkbox does not update when you use a shortcut hotkey.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:45 AM, vlad said:

Thank you for considering my request.

There seems to be a bug here. Via hotkey you can not toggle the function, you can only turn it on. Also, regardless if the preferences panel is open or not, the "Enable RGB LED keyboard support" checkbox does not update when you use a shortcut hotkey.

We've fixed the issue in the latest AIDA64 beta update available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Let me know how it works.

It works fine now it works from any app. The only thing not updating is the check state of the box in the Prefences pannel, but that does not really matter.

Thank you for taking the time to implement and fix this. :)