AIDA64 Discussion Forum
vlad

Can we have a hotkey to turn RGB LED on/off?

Hello to the developers! Long time no talking....

If is not too much trouble, I would like to have the ability to turn on/off the RGB LED function via hotkey. It takes complete control of the keyboard and mouse rgb lightning and this is not always what I want. Having to dig through the menus is cumbersome.

Idealy would be the have a transparent background color that would let other lights from devices software to go through, although I do not know if that is possible..... It seems to me that the peripheral only lets one app to "tell it what to do".

Btw I use Razer Huntsman and Razer rgb mouse....

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:07 AM, vlad said:

Hello to the developers! Long time no talking....

If is not too much trouble, I would like to have the ability to turn on/off the RGB LED function via hotkey. It takes complete control of the keyboard and mouse rgb lightning and this is not always what I want. Having to dig through the menus is cumbersome.

Idealy would be the have a transparent background color that would let other lights from devices software to go through, although I do not know if that is possible..... It seems to me that the peripheral only lets one app to "tell it what to do".

Btw I use Razer Huntsman and Razer rgb mouse....

The requested feature has been implemented in the latest AIDA64 update of v6.00:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xe

Thank you for considering my request.

There seems to be a bug here. Via hotkey you can not toggle the function, you can only turn it on. Also, regardless if the preferences panel is open or not, the "Enable RGB LED keyboard support" checkbox does not update when you use a shortcut hotkey.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:45 AM, vlad said:

Thank you for considering my request.

There seems to be a bug here. Via hotkey you can not toggle the function, you can only turn it on. Also, regardless if the preferences panel is open or not, the "Enable RGB LED keyboard support" checkbox does not update when you use a shortcut hotkey.

We've fixed the issue in the latest AIDA64 beta update available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Let me know how it works.

It works fine now it works from any app. The only thing not updating is the check state of the box in the Prefences pannel, but that does not really matter.

Thank you for taking the time to implement and fix this. :)

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:08 AM, vlad said:

It works fine now it works from any app. The only thing not updating is the check state of the box in the Prefences pannel, but that does not really matter.

Thank you for taking the time to implement and fix this. :)

Thank you for your feedback ;) 

Hello to the developers!
Thank you for keeping such a good care of this software product.

Regarding the feature that is the subject of this topic: after using it for 2 months I have some feedback.

Right now, if you configure a raw of keys to show something, you loose the background color (the one you set globaly), so if the "bar" is half full, the rest of the key go unlit. Why this is a problem: if you have the qwerty, asdfg, zxcvb raws asigned to some sensors that do not reach 100% most of the time and instead go arond, let`s 50% you end up having most of your keys unlit, which is making the keaboard hard to use in dim light.

If it is not to much trouble, it would be nice to have the extended areas of the keyboard and other rgb peripehrals available to maping (like zones on the mouse, extra keys on keyboard and so on...). I know that are a lot of peripherals out there so it may be hard to cover them all, but at least the products from the most used peripherals like Corsair, Logitech, Razer...

Anyway point 2 is not that important, but point one ( persistent background color for raws of keys ) it would improve usability.

In the hope that you will have time to address this request I thank you and wish you well!

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:09 AM, vlad said:

Hello to the developers!
Thank you for keeping such a good care of this software product.

Regarding the feature that is the subject of this topic: after using it for 2 months I have some feedback.

Right now, if you configure a raw of keys to show something, you loose the background color (the one you set globaly), so if the "bar" is half full, the rest of the key go unlit. Why this is a problem: if you have the qwerty, asdfg, zxcvb raws asigned to some sensors that do not reach 100% most of the time and instead go arond, let`s 50% you end up having most of your keys unlit, which is making the keaboard hard to use in dim light.

If it is not to much trouble, it would be nice to have the extended areas of the keyboard and other rgb peripehrals available to maping (like zones on the mouse, extra keys on keyboard and so on...). I know that are a lot of peripherals out there so it may be hard to cover them all, but at least the products from the most used peripherals like Corsair, Logitech, Razer...

Anyway point 2 is not that important, but point one ( persistent background color for raws of keys ) it would improve usability.

In the hope that you will have time to address this request I thank you and wish you well!

In the latest AIDA64 beta (Build 5146) we've added a lot more keys to unlock their mapping in the RGB LED module.  That may solve your issues about the dark background.

BTW, there's also an option called Keyboard backlight color on the AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / RGB LED page to let you choose the "background color" of the RGB LED keyboard.

19 hours ago, Fiery said:

BTW, there's also an option called Keyboard backlight color on the AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / RGB LED page to let you choose the "background color" of the RGB LED keyboard.

Yes there is, but if you have a sensor maped to a raw of keys, say qwerty, and the "bar" is up to lets say "letter" the ones after it from"y" onward, will remain unlit, regardless of the "background color" chosen. So if you map 3 sensors  to the 3 raws of keys: "qwerty", "asdf" and "zxcv" you will have most of the key unlit, unless the sensor "bar" ar always close to 100%

4 hours ago, vlad said:

Yes there is, but if you have a sensor maped to a raw of keys, say qwerty, and the "bar" is up to lets say "letter" the ones after it from"y" onward, will remain unlit, regardless of the "background color" chosen. So if you map 3 sensors  to the 3 raws of keys: "qwerty", "asdf" and "zxcv" you will have most of the key unlit, unless the sensor "bar" ar always close to 100%

We've solved that issue in the following new beta build of AIDA64:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

On 8/14/2019 at 4:49 PM, Fiery said:

We've solved that issue in the following new beta build of AIDA64:

Thank you. It works much better. Still a problem with using 2 or 3 digits to represent a sensor, the number keys (top raw and and numpad numbers for 3 digits) not responding to background color (unlit).

17 hours ago, vlad said:

Thank you. It works much better. Still a problem with using 2 or 3 digits to represent a sensor, the number keys (top raw and and numpad numbers for 3 digits) not responding to background color (unlit).

We'll fix the remaining issues in the next AIDA64 beta update ;) 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By pimp1310
      hello,

my native language is german, i hope my english is understandable.

The Problem is, when i use my "aorus Graphic Engine" to control my 1080TI's leds, doesnt works anymore when i have aida64 in autostart.

when i delete aida654 in my autostart the "Aorus graphics engine" works well.
      I tried to make a delayed start of aida64 but this didnt work.

i need both programs, aida for my sensorpanel on the second screen, and aorus graphics engine to control my graphics card.

any ideas ?

THX

• By Fiery
      Today FinalWire released a new stable update to the desktop editions of its popular system information software. As a new feature, it now allows users to define global hotkeys with which they can enable or disable the AIDA64 hardware monitoring panels or switch between multiple hardware information pages on external displays, even when AIDA64 is running in the background. The developers have made AIDA64 v5.80 DPI aware so that all elements of its graphical user interface scale properly when the DPI zoom is active in Windows. It supports the latest Windows 10 builds and the most recent hardware components, including the AMD RX 400 series and NVIDIA’s GTX 1050 GPUs.

New features & improvements
      - AVX and FMA accelerated 64-bit benchmarks for AMD A-Series Bristol Ridge APUs
      - Global hotkeys to switch between LCD pages, start/stop logging, show/hide the SensorPanel
      - Proper DPI scaling to better support high-resolution LCD and OLED displays
      - Corsair and Razer RGB LED mousepad support
      - Microsoft Windows 10 Redstone RS2 Insider Preview support
      - Improved support for AMD Zen Summit Ridge CPUs
      - Improved support for Intel Apollo Lake SoCs
      - Support for Samsung PM851 and SanDisk X400 SSDs
      - Improved support for Intel NVMe SSDs
      - CUDA 8.0 support
      - GPU details for AMD Radeon RX 400 Series
      - GPU details for nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and GeForce GTX 1060
      What's new since AIDA64 v5.00
      - AVX and FMA accelerated FP32 and FP64 ray tracing benchmarks
      - Vulkan graphics accelerator diagnostics
      - RemoteSensor smartphone and tablet LCD integration
      - Logitech Arx Control smartphone and tablet LCD integration
      - Microsoft Windows 10 RS1 (Anniversary Update) support
      - AVX2 and FMA accelerated 64-bit benchmarks for Intel Broadwell, Kaby Lake, Skylake CPUs
      - AVX and SSE accelerated 64-bit benchmarks for AMD Nolan APU
      - Optimized 64-bit benchmarks for AMD Carrizo APU
      - Optimized 64-bit benchmarks for Intel Braswell and Cherry Trail processors
      - Preliminary support for AMD Raven Ridge APU
      - Preliminary support for Intel Apollo Lake, Broxton, Kaby Lake CPUs
      - Preliminary support for Intel Cannonlake, Skylake-E/EN/EP/EX processors
      - Advanced SMART disk health monitoring
      - Corsair K65, Corsair K70, Corsair K95, Corsair Strafe, Logitech G13, Logitech G19, Logitech G19s, Logitech G910, Razer Chroma RGB LED keyboard support
      - Corsair, Logitech, Razer RGB LED mouse support
      - AlphaCool Heatmaster II, Aquaduct, Aquaero, AquaStream Ultimate, AquaStream XT, Farbwerk, MPS, NZXT GRID+ V2, PowerAdjust 2, PowerAdjust 3 sensor devices support
      - Improved Corsair Link sensor support
      - NZXT Kraken water cooling sensor support
      - Corsair AXi, Corsair HXi, Corsair RMi, Enermax Digifanless, Thermaltake DPS-G power supply unit sensor support
      - Support for Gravitech, LCD Smartie Hardware, Leo Bodnar, Modding-FAQ, Noteu, Odospace, Saitek Pro Flight Instrument Panel, Saitek X52 Pro, UCSD LCD devices
      - Portrait mode support for AlphaCool and Samsung SPF LCDs
      - SensorPanel and LCD: right-to-left bars, static label control strings
      - 0.01 Celsius temperature measurement resolution for select sensor items
      - System certificates information
      - Support for LGA-1151 motherboards
      - Support for USB 3.1 peripherals
      - Extended ACPI table decoding
      - Advanced support for Adaptec and Marvell RAID controllers
      - Autodetect information and SMART drive health monitoring for Intel and Samsung NVMe SSDs
      - ACPI 6.1, CUDA 7.0, OpenCL 2.1, OpenGL ES 3.2, SMBIOS 3.0, VirtualBox v5.0 support
      - Corsair Neutron XT, Crucial BX100, Crucial BX200, Crucial MX200, Kingston HyperX Predator, Kingston HyperX Savage, Kingston SSDNow UV300, Kingston SSDNow UV400, Lite-On MU II, OCZ Trion 100, OCZ Vector 180, Plextor M6V, Samsung CM871, Samsung PM871, SanDisk Ultra II, SanDisk Z400s, SK Hynix SC300 SSD support
      - GPU details for AMD Radeon Rx 300 and R9 Fury Series
      - GPU details for nVIDIA GeForce 900 Series, GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1080, GeForce GTX Titan X, Quadro M3000M, Quadro M5000M, Tesla M60, Tesla P100
      [ Press Release (English) ]
      [ Press Release (Deutsch) ]
      [ Press Release (italiano) ]
      [ Press Release (magyar) ]
      [ What's new in AIDA64 v5.80 ]
      [ Download ]
    • By Fiery
      The latest AIDA64 update introduces monitoring of sensor values on RGB LED keyboards, implements enhanced support for Intel NVMe SSDs and LGA-1151 motherboards, and supports the latest graphics and GPGPU computing technologies by both AMD and nVIDIA.

New features & improvements
      - Support for Corsair K65, Corsair K70, Corsair K95, Logitech G910 and Razer Chroma RGB LED keyboards
      - Support for LGA-1151 motherboards
      - Autodetect information and SMART monitoring for Intel NVMe SSDs
      - Preliminary support for AMD Bristol Ridge APUs
      - Preliminary support for Intel Broadwell-E/EN/EP/EX processors
      - Sensor support for NZXT Kraken water cooling systems
      - Support for USB 3.1 peripherals
      - Extended ACPI table decoding
      - OpenGL ES 3.2 support
      - Advanced support for Adaptec and Marvell RAID controllers
      - Support for Kingston HyperX Predator, Plextor M6V, SanDisk Z400s and SK Hynix SC300 SSDs
      - GPU details for AMD Radeon R9 Nano and nVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
      What's new since AIDA64 v5.00
      - Microsoft Windows 10 RTM and Windows Server 2016 support
      - RemoteSensor smartphone and tablet LCD integration
      - Logitech Arx Control smartphone and tablet LCD integration
      - AVX2 and FMA accelerated 64-bit benchmarks for Intel Skylake and Broadwell-H CPUs
      - AVX and SSE accelerated 64-bit benchmarks for AMD Nolan APUs
      - Optimized 64-bit benchmarks for AMD Carrizo APUs
      - Optimized 64-bit benchmarks for Intel Braswell and Cherry Trail processors
      - AVX2 and FMA accelerated 64-bit benchmarks for Intel Broadwell CPUs
      - Preliminary support for AMD Stoney APUs
      - Preliminary support for Intel Cannonlake, Goldmont and Skylake-E/EN/EP/EX processors
      - AlphaCool Heatmaster II, Aquaduct, Aquaero, AquaStream XT, MPS, PowerAdjust 2, PowerAdjust 3 sensor devices support
      - Thermaltake DPS-G power supply unit sensor support
      - Support for Gravitech, LCD Smartie Hardware, Leo Bodnar, Modding-FAQ, Noteu, Odospace, Saitek Pro Flight Instrument Panel, Saitek X52 Pro, UCSD LCD devices
      - Portrait mode support for AlphaCool and Samsung SPF LCDs
      - SensorPanel and LCD: right-to-left bars, static label control strings
      - 0.01 Celsius temperature measurement resolution for select sensor items
      - System certificates information
      - CUDA 7.0, OpenCL 2.1, SMBIOS 3.0, VirtualBox 5.0 support
      - Corsair Neutron XT, Crucial BX100, Crucial MX200, Kingston HyperX Savage, OCZ Trion 100, OCZ Vector 180, SanDisk Ultra II SSD support
      - GPU details for AMD Radeon Rx 300 and R9 Fury Series
      - GPU details for nVIDIA GeForce GTX 960, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, GeForce GTX Titan X, Tesla M60
      [ Press Release (English) ]
      [ Press Release (Deutsch) ]
      [ Press Release (italiano) ]
      [ Press Release (magyar) ]
      [ What's new in AIDA64 v5.50 ]
      [ Download ]
    • By Fiery
      This could well go under the Brainstorming forum, but I thought I'd ask your opinion in the Hardware Monitoring forum instead, since many enthusiasts using SensorPanel, LCD and OSD Panel modules tend to visit this forum frequently.

So, we're considering implementing support for Corsair K65 RGB, Corsair K70 RGB, Corsair K95 RGB, Logitech G910 Orion Spark and Razer BlackWidow Chroma RGB keyboards. By individually lighting keys and being able to use custom color for each key, some fancy effects can be achieved. Question is: how should we utilize such capabilities of RGB keyboards? A few ideas we've already come up with:
      1) The row or column of F-keys (function keys), G-keys, number keys, or even the numeric keypad or the main QWERTY block may be used as a horizontal or vertical bar. It may be perfect to show such readings like CPU utilization or GPU utilization. I think it would look best if it went from green to red, but it may be possible to use individual colours for min/limit1/limit2/max, just as with the LCD and SensorPanel Sensor Item bars.
      2) The main QWERTY block of alphabet keys may be used to show 2, 3 or maybe even 4 big numbers, although the non-regular matrix of keys may make it look a bit odd. And of course, you might have to look at it from a bit of a distance to read the numbers quickly.
      3) By combining the F-keys, number keys and the numeric keypad would enable showing 2-digit numbers directly. So for example, 24 Celsius CPU temperature may be represented as lighting up F2 key (to stand for "2"), and number 4 key together in the same time. Considering the F-key row is right on top of the number key row, this solution should be easy to read and interpret. Using the numeric keypad may not be the best idea though, since it would be too far from the location of the other digit (F-key row or number row).
      4) It may be possible to put the status of a temperature, voltage or fan speed reading on a single key, without showing the actual readout value. So e.g. the "C" key would be lit green when the CPU temperature is cool, yellow when it's above 50 Celsius, orange when it's above 60 Celsius, and red when it's above 70 Celsius. Similarly, motherboard temperature would be indicated on the "M" key, HDD temperature on the "H" key, CPU fan on the "F" key, etc.

What do you think about those ideas? What else do you think would be a good idea? Do you already own a G910 or a BlackWidow Chroma, and you think you would be interested in using this feature?
      Thanks,
      Fiery