Jump to content
AIDA64 Discussion Forum

Recommended Posts

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:47 PM, vlad said:

A big hello to the developers, followed by a question:

Any chance to add LCD support for Elgato Stream Deck?

https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck

That would be nice...

Do you mean you would like AIDA64 to allocate one out of the 15 LCD keys available and use it as an external LCD screen to display sensor info and such?  I'm not sure if there's anything more than that possible, like to use multiple keys together or separately by a single software.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has been a week. I was curious if you can give me an answer, whatever is possible or not to implement this functionality?

I am hoping for a positive answer, because I like the Aida64 software and do not really want to install HW info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:09 AM, vlad said:

It has been a week. I was curious if you can give me an answer, whatever is possible or not to implement this functionality?

I am hoping for a positive answer, because I like the Aida64 software and do not really want to install HW info

Meanwhile we've ordered a Stream Deck device in order to help us develop support for it.  We're currently waiting for it to arrive.  I'll post the updates into this topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fiery said:

Meanwhile we've ordered a Stream Deck device in order to help us develop support for it.  We're currently waiting for it to arrive.  I'll post the updates into this topic.

 Thank you for your efforts. I was hoping for good news. From what I have noticed in your case, no news is usually good news being a sign that you are looking into the matter. I am convinced that you will do a great job exploiting the potential of this device.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:39 AM, vlad said:

 Thank you for your efforts. I was hoping for good news. From what I have noticed in your case, no news is usually good news being a sign that you are looking into the matter. I am convinced that you will do a great job exploiting the potential of this device.

Please let me know in which mode would you prefer to use Stream Deck with AIDA64:

1) Just like with HWiNFO, it may be possible for us to come up with a Stream Deck plugin.  In this mode you can use other apps/plugins together with AIDA64, so this would be the most flexible way if you would like to use the Stream Deck software.

2) AIDA64 could take over the whole device and use the 5x3 display matrix as a single (combined) big external display device to let you display any layout you build using the AIDA64 LCD module.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fiery said:

Please let me know in which mode would you prefer to use Stream Deck with AIDA64:

1) Just like with HWiNFO, it may be possible for us to come up with a Stream Deck plugin.  In this mode you can use other apps/plugins together with AIDA64, so this would be the most flexible way if you would like to use the Stream Deck software.

2) AIDA64 could take over the whole device and use the 5x3 display matrix as a single (combined) big external display device to let you display any layout you build using the AIDA64 LCD module.

I think that option 1 (Just like with HWiNFO) makes the most sense. You can display any value that you need, without blocking the device. The intended use scenario is having a subfolder with the sensors, while keeping the rest of the buttons for other functions. Perhaps CPU and GPU visible in all the other shortcut folders to always have a general view of the most important stats, no matter what I do.

Thank you for moving so fast with this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 2:12 PM, vlad said:

I was curious: how are things going with the implementation of the requested feature?

Not quite well, since coming up with a plugin from scratch is quite the work.  And we wouldn't want to copy the existing plugin for HWiNFO to not violate the IP of its developer.  We did try to contact him on GitHub, but no response yet.

It would be much easier to go with option #2, but I understand that you would prefer to use multiple applications in the same time for your Stream Deck instead of AIDA64 taking over the whole device.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2019 at 3:11 PM, Fiery said:

Not quite well, since coming up with a plugin from scratch is quite the work.  And we wouldn't want to copy the existing plugin for HWiNFO to not violate the IP of its developer.  We did try to contact him on GitHub, but no response yet.

 Well, I wish I could help with that... But I can`t. I will be patient. Thank you for your efforts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2019 at 5:19 AM, Fiery said:

2) AIDA64 could take over the whole device and use the 5x3 display matrix as a single (combined) big external display device to let you display any layout you build using the AIDA64 LCD module.

If you decide to go with that, please don't forget that there are also 3x2 and 8x4 versions of the elgato streamdeck out there. I don't know if that would make any difference on those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:31 AM, Backslash said:

If you decide to go with that, please don't forget that there are also 3x2 and 8x4 versions of the elgato streamdeck out there. I don't know if that would make any difference on those.

Yes, we're aware of that.  There're also 2 different versions of Stream Deck Original, and 2 different image formats they expect to receive from the host.  So -- quite frankly -- it's not as easy as I assumed :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...