Restarting issue (Asus Crosshair VII Hero + Ryzen 5 2600X + Asus RX 5600 XT)

Robert Alley

I don't know if this is an actual bug, but I am having a small issue and fixing it may just be a setting change. When I leave my PC alone for awhile and come back it has restarted every time. This is only happening with Aida Running. I have Sleep set to never in my Power Setting and I am using DisplayFusion for wallpapers on my monitors. I will gladly share whatever information will help stop this from continuing. I love Aida64 and DO NOT want to stop using it.

19 hours ago, Robert Alley said:

I don't know if this is an actual bug, but I am having a small issue and fixing it may just be a setting change. When I leave my PC alone for awhile and come back it has restarted every time. This is only happening with Aida Running. I have Sleep set to never in my Power Setting and I am using DisplayFusion for wallpapers on my monitors. I will gladly share whatever information will help stop this from continuing. I love Aida64 and DO NOT want to stop using it.

Please let us know more about your system configuration.  Motherboard model, CPU type, video card(s) model, any external drives (SSD or HDD) connected?  Are you running 64-bit Windows 10 with the latest updates and patches applied?

Here is what I am running currently Windos 10 Home 64-bit and everything has been updated, drivers/bios windows.

• Crosshair VII Hero
  • Ryzen 5 2600x
  • Asus RX 5600 XT
  • Corsair Memory
  • CPU and GPU water cooled with Bykski Distroplate and EKWB Waterblocks
  • Samsung 970 Evo 250 GB
  • Samsung 860 Evo 250 GB
  • WD 1TB mechanical

Everything is running in default status at the moment until I get this issue straight. Thank you for any help!

On 7/7/2020 at 12:54 AM, Robert Alley said:

Here is what I am running currently Windos 10 Home 64-bit and everything has been updated, drivers/bios windows.

• Crosshair VII Hero
  • Ryzen 5 2600x
  • Asus RX 5600 XT
  • Corsair Memory
  • CPU and GPU water cooled with Bykski Distroplate and EKWB Waterblocks
  • Samsung 970 Evo 250 GB
  • Samsung 860 Evo 250 GB
  • WD 1TB mechanical

Everything is running in default status at the moment until I get this issue straight. Thank you for any help!

Thank you!  Just to narrow it down a bit, please uncheck (disable) GPU sensor support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and restart AIDA64 to apply the changes.  Please let me know if the issue persists that way.

On 7/12/2020 at 4:35 PM, Robert Alley said:

Okay, that didn't take long -- still froze up and required restart.

Thank you for checking it out.  When the GPU sensor module is disabled, please make a screenshot or photo of the Computer / Sensor page of AIDA64.  Try to maximize the window so the most possible sensor readings become visible on the photo.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 12:22 AM, Robert Alley said:

Here you go sir

Thank you!  It seems when AIDA64 only polls the Asus WMI sensors using Asus' own WMI interface, something still gets mixed up.  My conclusion is that the BIOS implementation of the Asus WMI interface gets mixed up, so it's a BIOS bug.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2020 at 11:22 PM, Robert Alley said:

So, basically, at the moment I am hosed and unable to continue to use this magnificent monitoring software?!!? Bummer

With your current motherboard you may indeed be stuck about this issue :( I'm sorry about that, but as sensor solutions get more and more complicated, we got to the point where it cannot be properly used by 3rd party applications.  Fortunately things will change a lot next year.

• 1 month later...