PC stopped when I play games with AIDA64 (Adrenalin 2020 20.12.x issue)

Ypselon

44 minutes ago, Anthony Harvey said:

i have re installed v6.70 this morning and im now testing. im 1 hour in without a system hang/freeze. 
iv gotten this far in the past though so il let you know how things go 

No fix, system hangs until manually restarted and amd driver corrupt to the point of needing to be completely removed and reinstalled without aid64 to enable system stability. 
really annoyed with this problem now. Its absolutely an aida64 issue. without aida64 installed the system is 100% stable and does not encounter any issues. the second you install aida64 and use the sensor panel the problems start. 
PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS GOD DAMN ISSUE AND STOP BLAMING AMD 

Hello,

i also had these crashes with 5800X+6900XT.

I struggled a while with crashes after minutes or even seconds!

I got a feeling to go to the BIOS and set the PCI slot where my GPU is located and set it from GEN4 to GEN3 and the crashes were gone for now...

I have to observe it for longer period of time!!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 12:14 PM, Silas83 said:

Hello,

i also had these crashes with 5800X+6900XT.

I struggled a while with crashes after minutes or even seconds!

I got a feeling to go to the BIOS and set the PCI slot where my GPU is located and set it from GEN4 to GEN3 and the crashes were gone for now...

I have to observe it for longer period of time!!!

Any updates?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for my bad English.  

But I have the same problem with a 5900x, Asus B550-XE and a 6800xt.  Since there is still no update that works, I'm looking for an alternative.

I would like to run the display on my Logitech G19 and USB display with nice animation.  HWinfo can support the G19, but only with text without animations.  

Or can you still use the Aida64 version 5.99.4900 for current hardware?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2022 at 9:21 AM, Michel Beausoleil said:

i would put my hope up, it a know bug for the pass 3-5 years. amd claim it aid64 fault and aid64 claim it amd fault. so nobody looking into this anymore.

This sucks.  Paying money for a program that doesn't work properly.  I switched to HWInfo for now.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This issue still exists. My setup is:

Asus B650-A

Ryzen 5 7600x

RX 6750 XT

32gb G.Skill 6000mhz

Like many others, I thought this was a hardware issue at first. After a lot of research and troubleshooting, I realized that it is Aida64. When Aida64 is not running, I have no issues. But every time I run Aida64, I get freezes and crashes. While playing games, running Photoshop, or just browsing the web. Sometimes it happens within a few mins, sometimes a few hours.

I reinstalled Windows 5 days ago and everything ran perfect, until I installed Aida64 today. Immediately the crashes returned. All of my drivers, bios, software, everything is up to date with the latest releases.

I am going to try changing my PCI slot to gen 3 and see if that helps.

Just here to say the issue still exists.

Ryzen 5 2600

RX 5700 XT

16gb@ 3200mhz

B450

Like any others, i thought this was a hardware issue, but after realizing i downloaded AIDA64 a day before these crashes started happening, i searched it up and found this thread.

For me, these crashes would result in a full freeze of any Graphics, My GPU would disappear off my sensor panel completely, and upon a hard restart my AMD display drivers would be completely corrupted and would require a reinstall.

After seeing how long this problem has been around, i am extremely disappointed with the Devs of AIDA64. This problem should have been solved long ago. Now I have a USB display that is useless, it was designed for use with AIDA64, and I don't think i can get it working with anything else. The fact that people paid for this software, only for it to not work is stupid, and AIDA64 should fix it or give them a refund.

At this point I am in no mood to experiment, so I've disabled AIDA64 and put away the display.

• Thanks 1

Update: After my previous post, I changed my PCI slot setting to gen 3, and so far, I haven't had any issues. No crashes or freezes of any kind. I have done plenty of gaming, some Photoshop editing, and I even ran some stress tests.

I am using AMD version 22.11.2, and Aida64 version 6.85.6300. The only change I have made to my system was the PCI slot, which seems to have removed the issues altogether.

Obviously, this is not an ideal solution, but rather a temporary work-around. I completely agree with r0nn7. This issue has gone on for far too long, and if the devs don't want to bother with actually fixing it, then refunds should be issued. I too purchased a display specifically to use as a sensor panel, with the intention of using Aida64. So it's disappointing that the software has continued to have such a major flaw for so long.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 7:20 PM, travot3k said:

Update: After my previous post, I changed my PCI slot setting to gen 3, and so far, I haven't had any issues. No crashes or freezes of any kind. I have done plenty of gaming, some Photoshop editing, and I even ran some stress tests.

I am using AMD version 22.11.2, and Aida64 version 6.85.6300. The only change I have made to my system was the PCI slot, which seems to have removed the issues altogether.

Obviously, this is not an ideal solution, but rather a temporary work-around. I completely agree with r0nn7. This issue has gone on for far too long, and if the devs don't want to bother with actually fixing it, then refunds should be issued. I too purchased a display specifically to use as a sensor panel, with the intention of using Aida64. So it's disappointing that the software has continued to have such a major flaw for so long.

Any long term update to this? I really wanna find a solution to this.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2023 at 6:05 PM, Scotti007x said:

I don't think there will ever be a fix. I'm pissed. :angry:

I own a 5900x with 6800xt. I gave away my USB display. :(

There isn't going to be a fix. They believe the bug to be on AMD's end even though not a single other monitoring software is effected by this (that I'm aware of). The support email I received pretty much said they have no intention of fixing the bug on their end.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 10:03 PM, Yiannis Kasidokostas said:

Hello everyone, I've bought AIDA64 Extreme December 2021 for AUD $81 and since I've installed it I've experienced amazing crashes on my pc and pretty much whatever everyone is complaining about... I had no luck of thinking that the issue came from aida64 monitor software and started troubleshooting software and hardware.... I've spent AUD $4500 in new hardware and I've sold my previous one for a lot less than I've bought it... Last night googled if aida64 is responsible for crashes and here I am after 4 months (I feel stupid saying that took me long enough to realise that)

Today I've sent a message at the support team addressing the issue (they know already) and I am waiting to hear back from them..... Fingers crossed they will reply and if we can get a fix it will be great just because the customisable layout of aida64 extreme is unique and I love my little monitor next to my main one showing me temps and all the stats....

Let's see...

any update on this?

I think I may have a fix for at least some of you.  There is a setting in the AIDA64 sensor panel that allows you to have the sensor panel to “always on top”.  If you are running the sensor panel on an independent panel this setting is not really necessary.  But it seems that most people have it checked anyway.  The down side to having this checked is that it pulls the focus away from anything on any other scene and puts it back to the sensor panel.  To test this (with your sensor panel running) right click on any icon on your desktop and select rename.  If after a few seconds the rename closes on its own, you are having this issue.  This is also happening with some games especially ones running full screen mode that are also trying to be on top.  With the sensor panel and the game both fighting to be on top the game or the panel will crash (usually the game).  So, to fix this just uncheck the setting: Keep SensorPanel the topmost window (always on top) in the SensorPanel settings: Preferences\Hardware Monitoring\SensorPanel

sensor panel fix.jpg

• 3 weeks later...