fixed: GPU Clock Disappearing and Re-Appearing (RTX 3090)

Hopkins802

Hi,

I just bought AIDA 64 Extreme yesterday and am loving it so far. The only issue I've had so far is that my GPU clock reading keeps disappearing and then reappearing. I have the RTX 3090. I have the second to latest driver because the latest driver was causing issues.

Thanks,

Dan

On 11/7/2020 at 7:20 AM, adomas said:

Hi,

I have same issue with my RTX 3090. It seems it's a known bug and other people experience it as well. I wonder do you have high single core CPU usage after a while? Bought AIDA64 too not long ago, and was unable to solve these issues.

Yes, it's a known issue that is caused by new architectural tricks of Ampere.  We're working on fixing it as well as a few other minor issues related to Ampere GPUs.

On 11/7/2020 at 7:20 AM, adomas said:

Hi,

I have same issue with my RTX 3090. It seems it's a known bug and other people experience it as well. I wonder do you have high single core CPU usage after a while? Bought AIDA64 too not long ago, and was unable to solve these issues.

We've fixed the issue in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2021 at 3:44 PM, V5ilver said:

Happening with my  Radeon 6800xt as well

We're aware of that issue, but so far couldn't find out how to fix it on our end.  The video driver seems to be reporting invalid (zero or negative) clocks when the GPU is idle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Fiery changed the title to fixed: GPU Clock Disappearing and Re-Appearing (RTX 3090)