Incorrect sensor display problems since about 2 versions ago (CPU and RAM MHz)

Hi

I just recently discovered this problem with Aida64 Extreme on my PC, MSI X99A SLI Krait Edition mobo with a Intel 5820K CPU, do not remember the make of the RAM, do not have the details here.

The bug/problem:

Last few weeks, or so, I am not sure for how long, I just noticed it a few days ago, I have had a problem with Aida64 reporting wrong CPU MHz, and RAM memory speeds. The CPU is OCed to 4,2 GHz but show in my 'webdisplay' on my other PC that uses the http web display, about 41XX MHz or so. RAM is OCed to 2666, but shows about 25XX MHz. But if I use Afterburner + Statistics, using the AIda64 dll as source, Afterburner shows the correct MHZ, both for CPU and RAM.

The problem is still there in the new version I installed yesterday; v6.32.

Anyone have any ideas why this suddenly started to happen a few weeks ago, or so (I simply do not know when it started, as I just noticed it as few days ago). Has been like this for at least a couple versions, and I have no idea why it started.

5 hours ago, JarleH said:

Hi

I just recently discovered this problem with Aida64 Extreme on my PC, MSI X99A SLI Krait Edition mobo with a Intel 5820K CPU, do not remember the make of the RAM, do not have the details here.

The bug/problem:

Last few weeks, or so, I am not sure for how long, I just noticed it a few days ago, I have had a problem with Aida64 reporting wrong CPU MHz, and RAM memory speeds. The CPU is OCed to 4,2 GHz but show in my 'webdisplay' on my other PC that uses the http web display, about 41XX MHz or so. RAM is OCed to 2666, but shows about 25XX MHz. But if I use Afterburner + Statistics, using the AIda64 dll as source, Afterburner shows the correct MHZ, both for CPU and RAM.

The problem is still there in the new version I installed yesterday; v6.32.

Anyone have any ideas why this suddenly started to happen a few weeks ago, or so (I simply do not know when it started, as I just noticed it as few days ago). Has been like this for at least a couple versions, and I have no idea why it started.

Such issues may occur when the BCLK is measured too low due to virtualization or other trick that affects the CPU running mode and puts AIDA64 into a virtual environment or sandbox.  Do you think that could be the case for your system?

2 hours ago, Fiery said:

Such issues may occur when the BCLK is measured too low due to virtualization or other trick that affects the CPU running mode and puts AIDA64 into a virtual environment or sandbox.  Do you think that could be the case for your system?

My point here is that it has worked just fine for months, then for some reason, most likely a couple weeks back, or maybe a bit more, it started to show too low MHz. During this time I have not made changes to the hardware, only changes has been Windows updates.

It MAY have become like this due to updating Aida64 one version prior to version v6.32, I do not know which versions it was, but I do remember updating AIda64 a few weeks back. So it MAY have started then, but I do not know for sure. I just started to notice this in the version before v6.32.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 2:01 PM, JarleH said:

My point here is that it has worked just fine for months, then for some reason, most likely a couple weeks back, or maybe a bit more, it started to show too low MHz. During this time I have not made changes to the hardware, only changes has been Windows updates.

It MAY have become like this due to updating Aida64 one version prior to version v6.32, I do not know which versions it was, but I do remember updating AIda64 a few weeks back. So it MAY have started then, but I do not know for sure. I just started to notice this in the version before v6.32.

I am having the exact same issue with BCLK frequency showing as 24MHz rather than 100MHz, which results in 9900k frequency showing as 1176MHz rather than 4900MHz.  I have no virtualization running on my windows 10 home system, so not sure what is causing the issue. 

aidacpu.JPG

CPUz.JPG

On 12/28/2020 at 5:07 PM, jdawg said:

I am having the exact same issue with BCLK frequency showing as 24MHz rather than 100MHz, which results in 9900k frequency showing as 1176MHz rather than 4900MHz.  I have no virtualization running on my windows 10 home system, so not sure what is causing the issue. 

aidacpu.JPG

CPUz.JPG

Did you also just realize this, or have you had it for a while? I noticed the problem a few weeks back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 7:27 PM, JarleH said:

Did you also just realize this, or have you had it for a while? I noticed the problem a few weeks back.

We suspect this is due to a Windows 10 update that prevents AIDA64 from measuring BCLK properly.  We're still investigating this...

On 12/28/2020 at 5:07 PM, jdawg said:

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> CPU Debug --> CPUID & MSR Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery