AIDA64 freezes (Corsair Commander Pro collision)

Chair

As the title says really, I have a 5" pi screen that I use for the aida sensor panel. Every now and then the program just freezes, and all the sensors on my sensor paneI stop at the last readings reported. then when I try to start aida up again, it may or may not load, the only thing that gets it working is a restart. I've tried loads of things in these forums, and other recommendations on other site's, but still no joy.

I could really use some help with this.

My specs are

Rog x470-f gaming, ryzen 3900x, corsair h150i aio, 32gb corsair rgb ram 3200mhz, aorus 2070 super, Samsung 970 500gb m.2, Kingston 1tb ssd, corsair rm750x psu. 7 corsair ll120 fans linked to a commander Pro and lighting node.

I run icue for all my corsair stuff and aorus engine for the gpu. Also rgb fusion for the mobo and wallpaper engine.

Everything is up to date, and tonight I reinstalled aida, imported my sensor panel, but again it froze within a minute. 

Please help!

I am at a loss here, I have systematically disabled every program running on my system, 1 at a time, to check if aida freezes,wallpaper engine, icue, aorus engine, logitech gaming software, riva tuning,rgb fusion, i have done all of these 1 at a time then rebooted after each has been disabled, still aida freezes......

I am left with windows and nvidia in the system tray.

Surely someone has come across this problem............

Could it be the 5" screen itself?

So it looks like it is a corsair commander Pro problem, with aida.

When I stop icue from starting and load aida, it works like a charm........load icue, my fans colour rotation starts to stutter and soon after aida will freeze and my fans return to normal. 

I have found some other threads on this, in this forum, can't believe this problem has been going on so long....:-(

On 1/22/2021 at 5:41 PM, Chair said:

So it looks like it is a corsair commander Pro problem, with aida.

When I stop icue from starting and load aida, it works like a charm........load icue, my fans colour rotation starts to stutter and soon after aida will freeze and my fans return to normal. 

I have found some other threads on this, in this forum, can't believe this problem has been going on so long....:-(

We're still waiting for Corsair to unlock the possibility of 3rd party software accessing Corsair hardware concurrently with their own monitoring software (iCUE).  It seems they're not so keen on going down that path though.  Hence, Corsair hardware owners and customers to the brand have to put more pressure on Corsair to make a move in the right direction.

• Fiery changed the title to AIDA64 freezes (Corsair Commander Pro collision)
  • 1 month later...
On 1/29/2021 at 10:18 AM, Fiery said:

We're still waiting for Corsair to unlock the possibility of 3rd party software accessing Corsair hardware concurrently with their own monitoring software (iCUE).  It seems they're not so keen on going down that path though.  Hence, Corsair hardware owners and customers to the brand have to put more pressure on Corsair to make a move in the right direction.

Yesterday I created a support ticket with Corsair (https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) where I describe the clash between Commander Pro and AIDA64 and how they need to make sure that third party monitoring software can read data properly from their devices. Of course I know that this will not lead anywhere in my particular instance, but I believe in the power of many and if Corsair sees a rising demand for them solving this issue it might  just end up in their backlog some time in the future. It costs nothing to file a support case so just do it. :-)

Today I got a reply from Corsair:

Thanks for contacting us regarding iCUE. It is true that other hardware-monitoring softwares like Aida63, HWinfo, CPU-Z are conflicting with iCUE. Unfortunately, there's no workaround for this since iCUE utilizes the same CPUID SDK that everyone else uses. 

Is this true? If so, shouldn't the CPUID SDK be the place in the chain where the concurrency problems should be fixed?

Hello Chair,

You are not alone.  I am also running the CommanderPro with a 3rd HDMI monitor dedicated to the sensor panel.  

I get random lockups.  Some are within the first minute after boot, others are several minutes or a couple of hours later.  

Load and applications do not appear to have any effect.  In fact it seems that the crashes happen when the system is idle.  I have not seen the hang while running benchmarks.

Even after a clean re-install of the Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC the hangs continue.  

I can rule out the Corsair CommanderPro... the hangs happen with the iCUE software not installed and the device detached from the USB.

My system is:

EVGA SR-3 motherboard bios 1.06 with 32GB of Corsair Vengeance PC3000 memory

Intel Xeon W-3175X 28 core 

embedded Creative Sound Blaster 3DRecon  - tried with and without sound card enabled

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW Hydro Copper - tried several versions of NVidia drivers/software

Dual Corsair MP600 M.2 SSD (2TB)  not RAID

LSI MegaRaid 9261-8I RAID with (6) Seagate 4TB NAS Spindles in RAID5

Koolance Pump and Fan Controllers (Stand alone) not attached to USB.  Comes in handy when system hangs... pumps and fans continue to function regardless of OS state.

At this point I am guessing this is a Windows10 and Aida64 issue... System appears to be stable with Aida64 uninstalled.

Hangs only continued in a clean install post Aida64 software installation and Sensor Panel running.  (memory leak??)

I really love the Aida64 software and will be watching for any movement from development, but cannot have system hanging randomly, so I will have to do without sensor panel for the moment.

All the Best,

-J

On 3/16/2021 at 9:42 AM, tkahn said:

Today I got a reply from Corsair:

Is this true? If so, shouldn't the CPUID SDK be the place in the chain where the concurrency problems should be fixed?

No, it has nothing to do with the CPUID SDK.

On 3/22/2021 at 5:03 PM, Hittman said:

Hello Chair,

You are not alone.  I am also running the CommanderPro with a 3rd HDMI monitor dedicated to the sensor panel.  

I get random lockups.  Some are within the first minute after boot, others are several minutes or a couple of hours later.  

Load and applications do not appear to have any effect.  In fact it seems that the crashes happen when the system is idle.  I have not seen the hang while running benchmarks.

Even after a clean re-install of the Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC the hangs continue.  

I can rule out the Corsair CommanderPro... the hangs happen with the iCUE software not installed and the device detached from the USB.

My system is:

EVGA SR-3 motherboard bios 1.06 with 32GB of Corsair Vengeance PC3000 memory

Intel Xeon W-3175X 28 core 

embedded Creative Sound Blaster 3DRecon  - tried with and without sound card enabled

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW Hydro Copper - tried several versions of NVidia drivers/software

Dual Corsair MP600 M.2 SSD (2TB)  not RAID

LSI MegaRaid 9261-8I RAID with (6) Seagate 4TB NAS Spindles in RAID5

Koolance Pump and Fan Controllers (Stand alone) not attached to USB.  Comes in handy when system hangs... pumps and fans continue to function regardless of OS state.

At this point I am guessing this is a Windows10 and Aida64 issue... System appears to be stable with Aida64 uninstalled.

Hangs only continued in a clean install post Aida64 software installation and Sensor Panel running.  (memory leak??)

I really love the Aida64 software and will be watching for any movement from development, but cannot have system hanging randomly, so I will have to do without sensor panel for the moment.

All the Best,

-J

Have you tried it with both RAID-related options disabled on the page AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability?

• 3 months later...

I find this also happens with other background programs, including MSI Afterburner and RGB Fusion.  Also, with Castle Wolfenstein II, Aida64 causes memory allocation errors during gameplay, and sometimes the game will freeze, turn black, and the whole PC BSOD's.  This is also traced back to a dynamic memory allocation error that does not occur when Aida64 is shutdown.  This is on  a system with a 3900x, 2080 Super, 32 GB of Trident Neo ram, and extensive custom water cooling. This is using Aida64's remote sensor panel setup.  The sensor panel itself will freeze until a refresh is done of the display, then it starts working again, until another memory hiccup.  I believe it is a problem with writing to certain addresses, as this does not occur all the time.  All other harware has been troubleshot, and all memory issues have led back to Aida64. :(

• 4 months later...

I have the same issue. It has been driving me insane. SO glad to find this thread.

I think the issue got a lot worse when I added the H100i to the sensor panel. I will remove it and see if that helps. That could make the collision more likely to occur. For me it always happens on resuming from sleep (or entering sleep but I assume resuming).

I'll report back in a week after testing.

Also 4 months later....  Been using Aida64 and sensor panel about 3-4 months now. Hasn't given me any trouble until about the start of November.  I don't have the exact same issue but the past couple weeks when I right click on the sensor panel to pull up the manager so I can edit it, it just 'dings', as if I already have an Aida64 or sensor panel window open. Then, if I simply try and exit/close Aida64 I get a BSOD. The only 'fix' I've found is not manually try to close Aida and just reboot.

I installed iCUE V.4 the other day because they are not supporting V.3 anymore and lost all my Corsair iCUE/ComdrPro sensor data in Aida. It simply vanished from the Sensor Panel list of temp, fan items etc. That's what brought me here searching the forum. I've scoured iCUE and Aida for some setting that would make a difference, didn't find anything. There is a new setting in iCUE that talks about sharing data with other programs but there's nothing more specific than an 'allow' check box and checking it appears to have no change. I Installed Win11 on a prayer it might change things, it didn't, I'm at a loss. Of course I can use the sensor panel without the iCUE data but my h20 temp and fan speeds are pretty important. The new Corsair software has some good things going for it. I can put a lot of sensor data on the home screen and the older dashboard. But the sensors on the home screen are smaller and Corsair restricts them to a small area in the corner and you have to scroll to get to most of the gauges. Either way, iCUE home screen or dashboard, having the software opened up on a second monitor is not a replacement for the (4" x 15" approx) Sensor Panel on one side of the second monitor that is specifically made for that spot. Plus, overall I can get more info from Aida and create better gauges.

• 6 months later...

Found this thread as this morning as all sensors on iCue were stuck at one temperature. I use a sensor panel as well but have no pulls from Corsair hardware. iCue version is 4.23.137. Turned off AIDA, restarted without AIDA launching but the fix for me was slightly amusing. I have one of the corsair PSUs with a USB connection and as soon as I unplugged this everything worked just fine. I had noticed the sensors on the PSU stopped displaying awhile back but never got around to fixing it. So I had forgotten about it until just now.

3 hours ago, GrimmReeper said:

Found this thread as this morning as all sensors on iCue were stuck at one temperature. I use a sensor panel as well but have no pulls from Corsair hardware. iCue version is 4.23.137. Turned off AIDA, restarted without AIDA launching but the fix for me was slightly amusing. I have one of the corsair PSUs with a USB connection and as soon as I unplugged this everything worked just fine. I had noticed the sensors on the PSU stopped displaying awhile back but never got around to fixing it. So I had forgotten about it until just now.

Hey Grimm,

My brain's not really in the game this morning so I'm not really sure what you're saying....exactly, no USB PSU for me. I had originally come here to see if there was some resolution to the issue of Aida not seeing any of my Corsair AIO data after Corsair's software update to v4.xx. Especially the water temp because I've always run all my fans based on that temp. I never found a resolution here and the staff over at Corsair were basically downright hostile. They pretty much told me it's impossible, it has never worked, never will work and to go pound sand with wanting Aida/Corsair to 'get along'. I have since just bypassed My AIO(Corsair) almost completely. I tapped into my radiator for water temps and am running the H2o temp sensor, all fans and pump rpm(data only) through the motherboard. Doing that allowed me to get back all my info and sensor panel data. The only thing Corsair(software) is still doing is running the pump and some of the LED's. I virtually never touch the software anymore.