AIDA64 Plugin for AlphaCool LCD

namuk

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That line you posted doesnt exsist Fiery unless im looking in the wrong spot? I also have a AlphaLCD and use AIDA64 for my monitoring but their plugin is for EVEREST. Im american so i speak good english lol What do you guys need to get this sorted?

If you follow the steps above, then the line will be there ;)

• 4 months later...

1) You don't need Everest anymore

2) You only need the new AIDA64 beta:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2320tjb6lpwyzxzip

3) Start the new AIDA64 beta, go to Preferences, but only press the OK button there. Then close AIDA64

4) Go to AIDA64 folder, and find the file called AIDA64.INI. You need to edit that file, using e.g. Notepad

5) Inside the AIDA64.INI file you need to change the line:

HWMonSharedMemName=AIDA64_SensorValues

In that line you need to change AIDA64 to EVEREST to make the new AIDA64 compatible with AlphaCool. So the line should look like this:

HWMonSharedMemName=EVEREST_SensorValues

I'm afraid I cannot use better or more basic English than this :)

Hi

so i find myself joining the growing list of frustrated Alphacool LCD users, and dont worry AIDA they have been given a stern and fair account of my experience of there equipment within their forum this morning.

http://forum.alphacool.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3452&sid=af7c56ac249a487d1c7cb20f83629c32

After 3 days of trying to get my head around LCDhype and although being very savy when it comes to rigs, overclocking, and generally all things computer related, I am not a coder and have found it difficult and frustrating,  I cannot believe the lack of support for this LCD. 

So having spent the best part of my day fidderling with your fix, I cannot for the life of me find the AIDA64.INI file you speak of, I have followed your instructions to a tee, installed the 2.8 beta you have listed tried that tried version 3.0 still no joy.

So I did a windows search for the AIDA64.INI file, still no direct joy, but lists 4 files of which ive ploughed through, found   HWMonSharedMemName=AIDA64_SensorValues    in all 4 files, edited in notepad, changed them all to EVEREST instead on AIDA64, tried again to see if the LCD can see, no, tried changing the other HWMonSharedWMIProvName=EVEREST_Sensorvalues aswell still nothing. 

Tried changing everything AIDA64 to Everest all thats done is f*ck all the icons up on AIDA64 i'm suprised it still boots!!!!!!!!!!!   

cannot even run Aida64 and Everest, as it doesnt list loads of shit you want for i7 platforms, ie voltages, multipliers, GPU's nothing

and then theres the resource hogging and conflicts of 2 progs doing the same thing!!!!

I'm losing my patience............

Mike-London

I'm sorry to hear about your issues and see that you're getting frustrated :(  Please try to give it a bit more tries, it really should work.

If there's no AIDA64.INI file in the AIDA64 installation folder, then a default layout of AIDA64.INI file is created when you perform step #3.  If the file isn't created, then AIDA64 may not have the necessary rights to write a file in your AIDA64 installation folder.  Make sure to have administrator privileges, you need that to use AIDA64 low-level hardware features like sensors monitoring.

Also, you can try moving AIDA64 files to C:\AIDA64 folder, it could make it easier to handle file permissions.

I'm sorry to hear about your issues and see that you're getting frustrated :(  Please try to give it a bit more tries, it really should work.

If there's no AIDA64.INI file in the AIDA64 installation folder, then a default layout of AIDA64.INI file is created when you perform step #3.  If the file isn't created, then AIDA64 may not have the necessary rights to write a file in your AIDA64 installation folder.  Make sure to have administrator privileges, you need that to use AIDA64 low-level hardware features like sensors monitoring.

Also, you can try moving AIDA64 files to C:\AIDA64 folder, it could make it easier to handle file permissions.

Hi Fiery

thank you for your response, I hope you visited the link i posted within my original post to Alphacool and see that I only had nice things to say about your efforts to try and make a fix for Alphacool's incompetences.

I have tried and followed your instructions to a T, I will have another go at it at some point this week, but I really have followed the instructions to a T and are not getting anywhere, can you tell me then , can i just skip the 2.8 beta listed and still apply the same instructions to version 3.0?

Have you included the same instruction set for this fix in version 3.0? or is it only beta 2.8 version listed in the instruction that this fix will work on,

By the way my computer User Account settings are switched off, which means I run at Administrator rights permanently. but have also tried right click run as administrator on installation  just to eliminate it from this process as an issue .

Just to clarify something you said  "If there's no AIDA64.INI file in the AIDA64 installation folder"  this folder is in FinalWire/AIDA64 folder in C: drive ie click computer, click C: drive click Programs x86, click Finalwire, click AIDA64 <<< in there?

Any further assistance you can continue to give in helping me get AIDA64 up on this display will be much appreciated.

As 5 days later I still haven't even had a response on Alphacools forum, some support that is.

I won't be buying any Alpha cool products again!!!

kind regards 

Mike

Ok I have found what your refering to and its a configuration file, if I right click on it and look at its properties it is an ini file, so I changed the  

HWMonSharedMemName=AIDA64_SensorValues

to

HWMonSharedMemName=EVEREST_SensorValues  

It doesn't work Fiery unfortunately mate ive got what you are refering to bang on I'm sure, it the only thing it can be, and another look at LCDhype tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can see me putting my fist through it soon.............................................................

I'm glad you've made progress about this issue.  And yes, you can use AIDA64 v3.00 or even the latest v3.00.2529 Beta release as well.

progress but it still doesnt work mate, I give up Fiery AIDA64 is not going to work on it,  Alphacool are a bunch of useless twats that couldn't organise a piss up in a free bar........  they dont give a f*ck about it and are happy to keep selling it, its fine lesson learnt never buy another Alphacool product, 

I have been banned from there forum for telling them a few home truth's.  

But that just pissed me off even more up come the proxy server 130 posts later their forum was trashed, they keep banning my email addys, I keep creating new ones creating a new account and destroying there forum, payback any bad publicity is good publicity for me!!!!!!   the battle goes on,

the LCD is on flea bay, piece of shit.

All because they want to keep there front, well they f*cked with the wrong guy this time.

They have been speiling the same old crap for over 2 years, we are making some plugins for it but thes things take time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  we dont have the original source code for it blah blah blah....

Im starting to put 2 and 2 together and coming up with 4....................     Sonic the guy mentioned way back in early posts who was responsible for writting the source code for the AC LCD, and the  acEverest.dll file for the plugin,   heres my thinking now i see what alphacool are like, they fucked him about didnt give him his royalties from things he wrote done  for alphacool , he must of got to a point said no prob, f*ck you alphacool I'll take my source code, all SDK and uncompressed images for the LCD unit and done one taking all the original source code for the unit and all master copies. As mentioned by another poster earlier, we are at 1.1.4 and version 1.1.5 was about to be released and then this guy Sonic just disappeared off the face of the earth, not seen since....... 

my theory.

• 10 months later...

Hi everyone, sorry for bumping this old thread.

I'm a software developer and just ordered the Alphacool LCD, I have a pretty decent computer and some time to spare to make it all work.

I have only little hardware experience, but I'll post any kind of solution I'll find to the forum here.

Thanks to the AIDA64 developer! It's very nice and forthcoming for you to not only engage in supporting this display, but also providing the options.

I'm not willing to install the crappy LCDhype or other Alphacool Software and wish that AIDA64 would have native support. I understand if that's not going to happen though.

I'm willing to write a clean libusb based 64bit driver for accessing the display with Windows 8.1

I think the current driver from alphacool is also based on libusb.

What kind of specification do you need, to make a native implementation? Can you provide me an interface specification you'd like to have implemented?

Please don't spend to much time on it yet, as my display haven't even arrived. I'm just curious whether there is some kind of interest with AIDA64 :-)

All the best

Andre

It all depends on what exactly would you like to achieve.  AIDA64 has a pretty solid support for 3rd party (external) applications.  It supports shared memory, WMI and Registry to export the sensor readings for other applications to display or process.  So if you would like to collect sensor readings from AIDA64 and display it on the AlphaCool LCD with your own implementation of LCD handling software, then the existing AIDA64 solution should work properly.  However, if you would like to build a full graphical LCD screen layout in AIDA64 (just like with Logitech and Razer LCDs), and put the rendered bitmap straight onto your AlphaCool LCD, without any post-processing, then AIDA64 isn't capable of doing that.

Regards,

Fiery

• 4 weeks later...

Please note that the development of a built-in AlphaCool LCD device support for AIDA64 has begun.  It won't require anything else than the AlphaCool LCD driver to be installed.  The configuration interface and the generic properties of this new AIDA64 module will be similar to the existing Logitech G15 LCD module, but of course adjusted to the higher resolution displays.  I'll drop a message into this topic once the new feature is ready ;)

Here's the first AIDA64 beta release that implements support for AlphaCool 200x64 and 240x128 pixel monochrome LCD displays:

(download link removed, please use the newer beta linked below)

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works for you ;)

We've fixed a couple of bugs about AlphaCool LCDs in the following new AIDA64 Extreme beta release:

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

This release also makes it easier and more straightforward to configure monochrome LCD displays (like AlphaCool and Logitech G15).

This is excellent news and the email from tamas B)  , at least i know the 2 alpha screens i have will last longer now :)  also have the SDC megtron which is the same type of screen even tech just a different Usb controller and 30fps screen , the difference is there is SDK software on there site, if that was added even better , http://www.smart-display-company.de/index.php?mid=0100 

will try this beta in the next few days B)  

This is excellent news and the email from tamas B)  , at least i know the 2 alpha screens i have will last longer now :)  also have the SDC megtron which is the same type of screen even tech just a different Usb controller and 30fps screen , the difference is there is SDK software on there site, if that was added even better , http://www.smart-display-company.de/index.php?mid=0100 

will try this beta in the next few days B)  

We'll work on implementing handling of both your connected AlphaCool LCDs.  BTW, do you have similar screens, or one of them is 200x64 resolution and the other is 240x128?

As for Megtron, I'm not sure what can we do, since its API (interface) seems to be different to AlphaCool's, but unlike with AlphaCool LCDs, you cannot seem to purchase Megtron hardware anymore.  Or do you happen to know a store that still sells them?

We'll work on implementing handling of both your connected AlphaCool LCDs.  BTW, do you have similar screens, or one of them is 200x64 resolution and the other is 240x128?

As for Megtron, I'm not sure what can we do, since its API (interface) seems to be different to AlphaCool's, but unlike with AlphaCool LCDs, you cannot seem to purchase Megtron hardware anymore.  Or do you happen to know a store that still sells them?

both are 240x128  i.e the external types, usb connection same with the Megtron , i got the megtron from Caseking at the time  http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/Megtron-LCD-Modul-240x128-Pixel-intern::13513.html all i did was swap an alphacool case to that megtron.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a sdc megtron. I try Aida64 4.50.3049 and 4.60.3100 but I can see only lines on the display. I have installated correttly sdc driver in fact with this software work correctly. I have also an alphacool lcd and no problem with aida64. Please help me with sdc...

Thank

Nice work, altho I can't use features like Winamp which were available in the original software.

I suggest to all to get some kind of image editing software and doodle up how you want the lcd to look and then just put the values in place.

Here's what I've been using with alphaLCD:

alpha_nova_zps4ef6ee8d.png

And what it actually looks like:

Capture_zps1b08ccb6.jpg

Hope this helps ;)

Hi, I have a sdc megtron. I try Aida64 4.50.3049 and 4.60.3100 but I can see only lines on the display. I have installated correttly sdc driver in fact with this software work correctly. I have also an alphacool lcd and no problem with aida64. Please help me with sdc...

Thank

If it's possible, please try to make a photo of how the LCD screen looks like when AIDA64 tries to initialize it. Attach the photo to a post here, or you can send it to me in email as well. If you prefer the email, please drop me a private message.