(FIXED) Need help figuring out root cause of three different popup errors with AIDA64 Extreme

Slick91

Posted (edited)

Background: I have a newly built desktop PC with mostly all ASUS hardware.  I'm getting random AIDA64 error messages every few hours with no certain indication as to the root cause.  The SensorPanel, OSD Panel and AIO LCD will all freeze/stop.  Most of the time I can restart the application and it works fine for a few more hours, but a few times I'll have to hard kill the process using Task Manager.  I've attached screenshots of the popup errors and listed my system specs below. 

Error messages displayed (see attached screenshots):

1. Access violation at address 00A46441 in module 'aida64.exe'. Write of address 00000113  <- I am receiving different referenced address numbers at different times.
  2. Privileged instruction.
  3. External exception C000001D

Hardware:

• Intel i9-14900K, 3.20 GHz (6200 MHz)
  • Asus ROG Dark Hero Z790 motherboard (BIOS version 1202)
  • Intel Raptor Chipset
  • ROG Ryujin III AIO Cooler (with LCD display)
  • 64 GB Corsair Dominator RAM
  • Intel UHD Graphics 770
  • ASUS ROG RTX 4080 Super GPU (driver version 555.85)
  • Monitors:
    1. LG 38" 4k (3840x1600 @ 160 Hz) - connected to Asus 4080 Super via DisplayPort
    2. Asus 17" LCD (1920 x 1080 @ 144 Hz) - connected to Intel UHD 770 via USB-C to USB-C
    3. Viewsonic 17" LCD touchscreen (1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz) - connected to Intel UHD 770 via USB-C to DisplayPort
    4. Viewsonic 17" LCD touchscreen (1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz) - connected to Intel UHD 770 via HDMI to HDMI

Software:

• Windows 11 Home 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3593)
  • AIDA64 Extreme (with activated license) ver 7.30.6900.0 <- Run as ADMIN / Note: this is not an updated version of the ASUS OEM  download via Armoury Crate
  • NO RGB controlling software installed (e.g. iCUE, Armoury Crate, SignalRGB, etc.)
  • RTSS ver 7.3.6.28010 (FPS are displaying correctly in the AIO panel when a game is played)

On a side note, I do have the Asus AIO Ryujin III enabled and using the AIDA64 LCD screen items to run all 4 pages with great success until the errors happen.  I'm not using any 3rd party templates or panels.  

Any and all feedback or guidance is greatly appreciated!

Error 3 example.png

Error 2 example.png

Error 1.1 example.png

Error 1.2 example.png

UPDATE:  I did open a new support ticket for additional assistance.  One thing I have noticed if I Show both OSD and Sensor panels on my desktop the popups/lockups are not as frequent.

UPDATE 2 (June 2024):  I’ve been digging into this since I submitted the support ticket.  Last week I updated my motherboard BIOS to ASUS new 1302 version which came out late last month.  This update applies the “Intel Performance Defaults” that is supposed to address instability issues with the newer CPUs.  The new BIOS seems to have fixed the crashes and popups.  I’m able to run AIDA64 and the AIO LCD all day with no apparent problems.

While not a AIDA64 issue, I hope this may help others with similar problems.  

Edited by Slick91
Added comment about new BIOS which seems to have fixed the issue.

• Slick91 changed the title to (FIXED) Need help figuring out root cause of three different popup errors with AIDA64 Extreme