AIDA64 6.60.5900 Causes Monitors to go dark

tw33k

I had Aida64 running at startup and as soon as it loads my monitors go dark and Windows is not responsive. I managed to get into Windows and disable Aida64 from running at startup, everything is working. If I run Aida64, the problem is back.

Windows 11 22581.100.0

Radeon 5500XT 30.0.15019.1005

I reset the PC and this time did not install the Win 11 preview. It's now running 22000.593. I installed Aida64 set the Sensor Panel display size and selected Show Sensor Panel. As soon as I hit Apply, both monitors went black and I had to hard reset the PC

20 hours ago, Awol said:

My build is AMD and i have no issues

Ryzen 5 5600 X Radeon RX 6700 XT Gaming X. Maybe its Win11 that's the issue, i run Win 10

Hey man...can you tell me what Radeon driver version you're running and do use the Adrenalin software?

I tried the latest Aida64 beta on and exactly the same thing happened. Everything is fine but as soon as I choose Show Sensor Panel and hit apply...bad things happen.

I don't know if it's helpful but attached is the error from Event Viewer. Both times it happened today, the error is the same

Aida64_error.txt

2 hours ago, Awol said:

Using driver version 22.3.1 and yes im using the latest adrenalin software. Win10 OS build 19044.1620

Thanks. What about when you right-click your graphics card in device manager, what driver version?

• 2 weeks later...

I installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 (22581.100.0) and updated the graphics driver to 30.0.15019.1005. Aida64 's sensor panel causes this problem. The system only had Windows installed, up to date drivers and Aida64. It appears that there's a conflict between Aida64 and the latest Radeon driver. Rolling back the driver fixes the problem.