CPU_OPT on ASUS Maximus XIII Hero

Ivanebc

Hi Guys & Gals.

Fairly new to this sensor panel stuff but still, fairly easy to grasp..... great software and great community.

I found on my ASUS board, where i use a noctua CPU Cooler with two fans, using the CPU and CPU_OPT header, that from an initial bootup, the CPU_OPT will show 0 RPM.

I noticed from time to time it was displaying but took me a while to realise how and why. 

It would display as 0 RPM ... then if i loaded up ASUS armoury crate, click nothing else, just load it up, a few seconds later, the RPM on the sensor panel would start up. It's annoying to have to load up armoury crate each and everytime to get the sensor picked up and hoped there was a solution.

PS I can shut Armoury crate back down once the sensor starts and it will continue to work, until next boot.

Suggestions or Fixes? Am i the onyl one with this issue? MB or COOLER issue .... 

ASUS Board: https://rog.asus.com/au/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xiii-hero-model/

Noctua Cooler: https://noctua.at/en/nh-u12a

Thanks for your time.

• 2 weeks later...

I emailled the guys and this response i got very quickly and it did indeed solve the issue, so i'll post it here incase anyone finds a similar issue.

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for submitting your report to us.  Please try to enable the following option in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and restart AIDA64 to apply the changes:

- Embedded Controller (EC) bank switching

Let me know if it helps.