Question about cpu photoworxx and fpu vp8 tests on fx 8350

Hi, i have noticed that on CPU Photoworxx i'm getting too low score with my amd fx 8350 than other 8350 and 8150 and i don't know why? could it be because i'm with single channel RAM? 59452634eade4b66.jpgAlmost the same at FPU VP8 - i have 4400 score and other FX 8350 have 4770 score

With both benchmarks it is very crucial that you have proper memory bandwidth.  With single-channel memory your scores will be much lower than the reference systems.  Single-channel memory is a huge bottleneck in your system, so make sure to install at least 2 identical memory modules to activate dual-channel operation.

Regards,

Fiery

With both benchmarks it is very crucial that you have proper memory bandwidth.  With single-channel memory your scores will be much lower than the reference systems.  Single-channel memory is a huge bottleneck in your system, so make sure to install at least 2 identical memory modules to activate dual-channel operation.

Regards,

Fiery

ah thank you :) i thought that i have prob with my pc

• 1 year later...

PhotoWorxx is a test that relies heavily on the memory subsystem and CPU caches. Probably with your overclocking setup, the internal workings of the CPU IMC (memory controller) issues further penalties on memory/cache transactions, and that causes the lower than expected performance.