New Member Here!

StyleRipper

Hello everyone!

I literally just found out about AIDA64 yesterday and what it can do. After about 18 minutes of reading about it, and 7 hours of sleep, I decided to purchase it haha and that is where I'm at right now. I'm very impressed with all the things that AIDA64 monitors and I'm not even done looking through everything yet.

Quick noob question:

I'm running AIDA64 on my laptop and it's an i7 dual core. Looking that the CPU Utilization, I see this:

HTT Unit #1

HTT Unit #2

What are those exactly?

Anyways, I'm in the process of building a gaming computer for myself and will definitely utilize AIDA64 on that computer. I'll have the Logitech G19 keyboard and will be "creating" an app for the LCD screen to monitor all the important stuff. I'm excited haha!

Thanks for your time and have a great day. :)

Core i7 processors implement Intel HyperThreading Technology. It means that every processor core will appear as 2 logical processors (or threads), hence for a 1-socket 2-core processor you'll have 4 logical threads to utilize. AIDA64 calls the 4 logical threads in that case:

CPU #1 / Core #1 / HTT Unit #1

CPU #1 / Core #2 HTT Unit #1

CPU #1 / Core #1 / HTT Unit #2

CPU #1 / Core #2 HTT Unit #2

Thank you for your support. I hope you'll find AIDA64 useful while building, installing and optimizing your new system ;)

Regards,

Fiery