X670E Hero Flow Sensor does not work

Marda89

Hello all,
I have just installed a water cooling flow sensor.
Unfortunately, only the internal temperature sensor is displayed in Aida, but not the flow. In the BIOS I can see it though, so it is properly connected.
I have also already activated the embedded controller in the settings. 
Mainboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero
Controller: Nuvoton NCT6799D
Aida Version: 6.88.6413 Beta
Does anyone else have an idea what the problem could be?

Thank 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 4:27 AM, Tae Hoon No said:

can you see flow meter in another software?

(in BIOS setup, HWINFO, etc...)

if there are no sensor value, your flow meter is just getting power on MB, not report flowrate.

some of flow meter has only 2pin(PWR/GND).

Thank you for your answer.
In HWinfo I see the sensor / flow rate.
I also see it in the bios.

Im running the latest beta version, 6.92.6603.

I am fairly new to Aida64 so I cannot speak with 100% accuracy but I know that there are sensors that Aida64 cannot read that HWiNFO can.  For example I have a new model Corsair cooler and I have not been able to get any info from it except the AIO fan speed. People here have been asking for Corsair cooler support for a long time but the Aida64 devs have said that data is difficult to read, yet HWiNFO can see all my fans. Your flow meter must not be supported yet, if ever.

21 hours ago, rinaldop said:

I am fairly new to Aida64 so I cannot speak with 100% accuracy but I know that there are sensors that Aida64 cannot read that HWiNFO can.  For example I have a new model Corsair cooler and I have not been able to get any info from it except the AIO fan speed. People here have been asking for Corsair cooler support for a long time but the Aida64 devs have said that data is difficult to read, yet HWiNFO can see all my fans. Your flow meter must not be supported yet, if ever.

That's a bummer.
What surprises me, Aida can read the Asus Embedded Controller (EC). I have also activated the readout, but apparently not all values canbe read. 
Should this really be the case, really a pathetic display for Aida. 
The sensor panel has great potential, this is also the reason why I use Aida and bought it, but what use is it if you can not see everything. I will probably not extend the license then. 

I have an Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero X570 board and it appears that I have the same problem where it's not seeing all the values in the Asus Embedded Controller. HWiNFO sees Flow, T-Sensor, Water In and Water Out and reports values under the EC heading, but AIDA64 is only reporting T-sensor which I have connected to report the ambient temperature.  Does anyone know the best place to report that AIDA64 is not properly reading the Asus Embedded Controller but other applications can?

• 1 month later...