Reality check, is this only me?

Roneye

So this is a generally thing I've noticed when having a monitor software open. But is it only me that is having the "issue"?
Stutter happens everywhere even without high gpu load.
You can use this to check for stutter: https://www.testufo.com/animation-time-graph#scale=10&ppf=2&measure=animation&busywait=0

I get stutter 1-2 times a second with any of later mentioned HW monitor software, but it get worse the more these these software is active.
Software used where it's an issue: AIDA64 SensorPanel, MSI Afterburner, Expertool 2, HWMonitor, ICue, GPU-Z.
Doesn't happen with things like CPU-Z and SignalRGB.

After lots of trial of error it seems to be an issue when being able to monitor GPU temperature/watt usage.
If I disable GPU Sensor support in stability settings the stutter disappears. But obviously information like temp and wattage is gone in the sensor panel.

Hardware Aorus X670 Elite AX, 7900X3D and RTX 4090 Phantom GS.
But just tested the same thing on my previous setup: Aorus Z690 Elite AX, 12900k and RTX 3080ti Trinity OC. It seems to be slightly less noticeable? but still an issue.

aida64_M8tt3ZtVPz.png

• 5 weeks later...

I just want some clarity on the actual "stutter"? In games? I have been using this particular software since it was Everest and can't say it's had any major issues that weren't just incorrect readings that when reported got fixed quickly.

Edit I mean is this what you consider stutter?

UFO Test_ Browser VSYNC Animation Timing Precision Graph — Mozilla Firefox 2023-11-08 8_49_56 AM.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 8:48 AM, INSTG8R said:

I just want some clarity on the actual "stutter"? In games? I have been using this particular software since it was Everest and can't say it's had any major issues that weren't just incorrect readings that when reported got fixed quickly.

Edit I mean is this what you consider stutter?

UFO Test_ Browser VSYNC Animation Timing Precision Graph — Mozilla Firefox 2023-11-08 8_49_56 AM.png

Stutter would happen everywhere, videos, even moving the mouse around on the desktop. Like full frames would be skipped so, so 2-3 frames shows the same images on screen.

Yours is not stutter as 2 ms is still within the same frame for 144hz.
Mine seem to be over the frame per second. I guess one frame is 8.3ms for 120hz, meaning 4.15ms = image kept on screen for another frame? 

Every hop on mine is a skip of 1 or 2 extra frames.

With HWMonitor or Aida64 (sensorpanel when enabling gpu sensor support)
https://ibb.co/hFGqWLM

Without the software open
https://ibb.co/YfY5zdm