AMD 7900 XTX no longer detected

k3mist

6 hours ago, k3mist said:

I updated my graphics drivers and after reboot aida64 no longer shows any GPU in the senors list. ive tried reinstalling

but it does show in GPU and GPGPU

What's the current version of AMD Adrenalin driver that you're using?

4 hours ago, Fiery said:

I dug into this a little more. I was on driver version 24.5.1 and AIDA has been detecting the gpu fine on that version. I have been on that version since June.

3 days ago I updated to driver version 24.7.1 and no issue in AIDA.

I was experiencing stuttering in driver version 24.7.1 with a game that I have never experienced that before. I reverted back to 24.5.1 and this is when AIDA stopped detecting the GPU in the Sensors/Sensor Panel only.

I can see all the GPU information in the main window under "Display".

I then updated back to driver version 24.7.1 and AIDA is detecting the GPU again. Problem is, this driver version has issues so I will need to go back to 24.5.1 which I am assuming will again break AIDA. I plan to test this gain shortly.

4 hours ago, Fiery said:

6 minutes ago, k3mist said:

I then updated back to driver version 24.7.1 and AIDA is detecting the GPU again. Problem is, this driver version has issues so I will need to go back to 24.5.1 which I am assuming will again break AIDA. I plan to test this gain shortly.

I can confirm that downgrading from 24.7.1 to 24.5.1 AIDA stops detecting the GPU after reboot.

After installation is complete AIDA can still see and monitor the GPU in the Sensors/Sensor Panel. But after reboot it no longer sees the GPU.

As a side note, in HWiNFO and in Adrenaline I can see all sensors.

Thats strange as i have a reference RX7900 XTX and Aida64 picks up my GPU fine in 24.5.1 after downgrading from 24.6.1 and 24.7.1 ( massive stuttering issues in BF2042). When you downgraded did you use DDU or AMD clean up utility prior to the driver install ?

10 hours ago, Awol said:

Thats strange as i have a reference RX7900 XTX and Aida64 picks up my GPU fine in 24.5.1 after downgrading from 24.6.1 and 24.7.1 ( massive stuttering issues in BF2042). When you downgraded did you use DDU or AMD clean up utility prior to the driver install ?

mine is the merc 310, not sure if that matters. i used the amd util.

i can get sensors in everything besides AIDA. whats odd is AIDA sees everything about the GPU under Display. It just does not show in sensors.

i might give DDU a shot since you mentioned it..