UltimateSensorMonitor (shameless plug, free as in open-source, uses Aida64 for sensor info)

Trouvist

So anyone who ever looks at these forums might want a different way to load up a sensor panel, and ALSO uses Aida64 as their hardware monitoring software.  I've developed a client/server set of tools to get the shared memory from Aida64 and host them for a client webpage. Currently the client-side html is just 1 example page, but since it's Javascript and HTML, it's pretty trivial to do whatever you want to do with it. Check out the link below to see what it currently looks like...

https://github.com/MarkVabulas/ultimon

I'm currently using this software (for myself) on a Raspberry Pi, mounted inside the glass in my case.  The animations and live updates look great.  If you'd rather do editing of your sensor panels outside Aida64's interface, which is pretty rough, then you're welcome to try what I made.  Keep in mind, you still have to have Aida64 running!  It just gets the values from shared memory and then shoots them to a client you control.  Because it's a browser-based webpage you have full control over, including at the source, you can literally have it display whatever you code up.

I'm currently working on additional panels, and if people want to submit them for adding to the site, I'd be happy to include them, and any plugins, to make it easier to use.  
On the roadmap is having WebGL-based updated visuals, so you can have 3D renderings that respond in real time to sensors, not just static images.  Additionally, there's no limit to the fidelity of your images, so you won't be limited to just 16-images anymore, you can make it show whatever you like.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried it. It works, with some fiddling. I had the best luck following the instructions under the "Advanced" section of the README file at https://github.com/MarkVabulas/ultimon/blob/main/README.md

I assume you're using Windows since we're talking about AIDA64. Had to disable Windows "App Execution Alias" for python, in Windows 11 settings - just search settings for "app execution" and switch off the items that mention Python) Unless you really want to use the Microsoft Store version of Python, but I have trouble with it.

If you don't already have it, install Python from https://www.python.org/downloads/ (I believe the author is using Python 3.11, which should be fine.)

The author's code refers to python3, but Python installs with python.exe as the executable. An alias should allow code to run referring to python or python3, but it wasn't working for me - so I just went to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python31x and ran copy python.exe python3.exe, then ran the command referenced in step 4 of the advanced section. If you install Python for "all users" it may be under Program Files, by the way.

After that, I ran start_server.bat, launched a browser and went to http://localhost:5779.

I used F11 to fullscreen my browser, and I made sure to enable shared memory in and run AIDA64, same with HwInfo64, but I'd still have to do some troubleshooting for it to be useful, as not all of the values are populating. The live/moving background is super cool.

What stands out to me:

1) Seems like the server based setup is really versatile and reliable.

2) Infinitely customizable.

3) The default layout is nice in general, but most importantly doesn't have a bunch of misaligned text. Though, as I said, tweaking is necessary - my GPU's power draw shows the W on the next line, the time shows AM on the next line, etc.

The difference in CPU/GPU may have a lot to do with the missing values. I'm running an AMD Ryzen 7 7700X with an AMD RX 7900 XTX GPU.

I think  the author's goal was usability on any screen, and he's not the first to create a web interface for the Remote Sensor panels, but I think the server-based setup and potential customization makes this something with a lot of potential.

2024-10-15_04-10-29.png

2024-10-15_04-17-29.png

Edited by alex_sisk
left out 2 words in a sentence

I thought there would be a lot of small errors preventing this from becoming ready for prime time.  Not all of us are conversant python (what ever that is) I shall try out your fixes.  always fun to try new stuff