run as service

ehall

Please provide an option to register and unregister aida64.exe as a system service

This will allow the program to run without administrator intervention, and solves a bunch of other problems too (auto-start, background monitoring, etc).

BTW the old Everest Service Manager program does not seem to work with AIDA64 under Win7 so I am not able to upgrade until this is resolved.

Please provide an option to register and unregister aida64.exe as a system service

This will allow the program to run without administrator intervention, and solves a bunch of other problems too (auto-start, background monitoring, etc).

BTW the old Everest Service Manager program does not seem to work with AIDA64 under Win7 so I am not able to upgrade until this is resolved.

Run at startup registers the app to the NT6 task scheduler which provides automatic elevation. None of your listed problems are reproducible.

• 5 weeks later...

I did some investigation into running AIDA64 with a service wrapper similar to the old Everest_Svc wrapper

The "Interact with desktop" feature has been disabled in Vista/Server2008/Windows7 (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd349385%28WS.10%29.aspx) so even after getting it to run as a service I am not able to display sensor readings with any of the widgets

In order for that to work again the back-end will have to be split from the front-end and will have to communicate across some kind of IPC mechanism, which basically means that this will have to be implemented in Everest directly.

What may be nice here is that such an architecture may also allow the UI to talk to everest engine on any PC

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...