Different AIDA versions showing different sensors

alph4

Hello,

I am in need of your help. I recently formatted and installed Windows 7 64bit, the computer is fully updated with windows updates and drivers and my problem is that different versions of Aida64 will show the temperature/sensor displays.

The recent version shows the least, while the old versions are showing more. I would just like to figure out what is going on and/or how to fix this. Thanks.post-34304-0-82582000-1453514894_thumb.pngpost-34304-0-73775300-1453514900_thumb.png
Computer spec is asus rampage v extreme , i7 5960x, windows 7 64bit

aida.txt

Both of you: please apply the Windows 7 AES security patch (if it's not installed yet) named KB3033929, then update to the latest AIDA64 beta available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Fiery

Both of you: please apply the Windows 7 AES security patch (if it's not installed yet) named KB3033929, then update to the latest AIDA64 beta available at:

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Fiery

Thanks for replying Fiery! Sorry I locked myself out of forum account.

I already have this update, mentioned windows is fully updated ( excluding some forceful windows 10 updates )

Unfortunately the beta versions did not help. Is there anything I can do outside of reformatting to test?

Thanks for replying Fiery! Sorry I locked myself out of forum account.

I already have this update, mentioned windows is fully updated ( excluding some forceful windows 10 updates )

Unfortunately the beta versions did not help. Is there anything I can do outside of reformatting to test?

It seems the issue is the lack of administrative privileges. Make sure to check that the user who's running AIDA64 has got administrator rights, and that you've got KERNELD.X64 file present in the AIDA64 installation folder.

It seems the issue is the lack of administrative privileges. Make sure to check that the user who's running AIDA64 has got administrator rights, and that you've got KERNELD.X64 file present in the AIDA64 installation folder.

Gave this a few tries with several uninstall/reboot/reinstall/reboot and I'm feeling hopeless :(

I tried to run as administrator as well as editing file privileges, kerneld.x64 is present.

This is eating me alive, it's just beyond my comprehension why the older version shows more information without doing anything additional. Is there anything else you can suggest before I reformat? Did a file scan on the system and nothing showed up corrupted, ran normal startup from msconfig, I even changed bios versions just to see if anything would change but I'm stuck.

I hope you can understand how frustrated I am and I appreciate you helping me with this, looking forward to mingkang visiting the thread in the future to update if he was able to fix the issue on his end. I'll check back to see if you have any other suggestions, I know this is a weird issue and I don't expect there to be a very big checklist of things to do I just hope I can get this resolved somehow. I'd love for it to just start randomly working but at this point I think it's necessary I find what is causing this on my end.

Edit: Just read through https://forums.aida64.com/topic/3139-version-55036430-missing-sensors/ was excited scrolling down to find a fix but it wasn't there. Anything I can do to troubleshoot or test please let me know Fiery

The checklist for such issues is usually:

1) Check if an administrator user is running AIDA64, and that the elevation is successfully performed. In case UAC is enabled, AIDA64 should ask for elevation when you start it, and you should let it elevate user rights to gain administrator access. Do you get the UAC prompt when you start AIDA64?

2) Check if KERNELD.X64 file is there in the AIDA64 installation folder. After starting AIDA64 you can also verify if the AIDA64 kernel driver has been successfully loaded by going to the Operating System / System Drivers page, and finding "AIDA64Driver" there. It should have the filename "kerneld.x64", and the state "Running".

3) Under Win7 64-bit check if the SHA2 security patch (KB3033929) is applied. Go to the Security / Windows Update page, and find the hotfix there with the ID "KB3033929".

If all of those are just fine, then my only guess would be that a security (anti-malware) software prevents AIDA64 (and perhaps other software as well) from performing low-level hardware access.

The checklist for such issues is usually:

1) Check if an administrator user is running AIDA64, and that the elevation is successfully performed. In case UAC is enabled, AIDA64 should ask for elevation when you start it, and you should let it elevate user rights to gain administrator access. Do you get the UAC prompt when you start AIDA64?

2) Check if KERNELD.X64 file is there in the AIDA64 installation folder. After starting AIDA64 you can also verify if the AIDA64 kernel driver has been successfully loaded by going to the Operating System / System Drivers page, and finding "AIDA64Driver" there. It should have the filename "kerneld.x64", and the state "Running".

3) Under Win7 64-bit check if the SHA2 security patch (KB3033929) is applied. Go to the Security / Windows Update page, and find the hotfix there with the ID "KB3033929".

If all of those are just fine, then my only guess would be that a security (anti-malware) software prevents AIDA64 (and perhaps other software as well) from performing low-level hardware access.

So the AIDA64Driver seems to be missing from the system drivers page, now I must find a way to fix this.

I'm going to disable malwarebytes and fiddle around to see if I can make some progress.

Thank you for guiding me along the way, at least I am no longer completely clueless as why this could be happening. Still weird since older versions are loading more sensors without the driver being loaded but now I can try to work towards a solution. I will update as soon as I can make some progress.

Edit: Old versions are loading aida64driver but the new are not. :(

Without the kernel driver you not only lose some sensors, but also GPU information, SPD memory modules list, chipset details, and a lot of other bits & pieces. So it's best to clear this up and make sure AIDA64 can use its kernel driver.

BTW, do you get UAC prompt when you launch AIDA64?

Without the kernel driver you not only lose some sensors, but also GPU information, SPD memory modules list, chipset details, and a lot of other bits & pieces. So it's best to clear this up and make sure AIDA64 can use its kernel driver.

BTW, do you get UAC prompt when you launch AIDA64?

Yes with UAC on it will prompt me, without the aida64driver loaded the new version only shows GPU temp, voltage, and power value.

It becomes like the screenshots in first post, the older version with driver loaded shows cpu temps but not all the other voltages.

I'm not even sure reformatting would help me, this is a real bummer

Hey Fiery, would you believe I got 5.60.3700, literally ever sensor showed up then of course a few reboots and I'm back to only the older versions showing those sensors :D

post-34303-0-32693900-1453963262_thumb.png

I'm beat, you've helped me isolate the problem, but one moment the driver wants to load and all sensors are shown and another they are all gone.

I would go back to 4.5.3000 permanently but the voltages for the motherboard don't show on there, at least the cpu temps show which is a big step from looking at the newest with only hdd and gpu temps.

Thanks for all your help but I have to hang up the towel. I tried the newest beta released a few days ago and I just gave up.If anyone else ever encounters the same issues and finds this thread from searching the web please sign up and post!

I suggest you to try upgrading to the latest AIDA64 beta:

Because on your screen shot, the left shot shows a state where AIDA64 is unable to detect the motherboard model, and that issue was fixed only in Beta Build 3702.

If it didn't happen on the beta I'd be jumping for joy :P I tried the newest beta after seeing there was an update.

Screenshot is to show how random it is being for me on windows 7 64bit sp1, just not something I can fix it seems. Hopefully you can see why I'm confused and beat on this one.

I'll try in the future on newer betas and stable release but I'm lost to what's actually going on inside the system.

I suggest you to try upgrading to the latest AIDA64 beta:

Because on your screen shot, the left shot shows a state where AIDA64 is unable to detect the motherboard model, and that issue was fixed only in Beta Build 3702.

On three separate restarts it has loaded without any issues :D

Couldn't be any happier to see it working 100% on my end, I'd like to thank you again for sticking around to help and your team for the great work that you all do.

On three separate restarts it has loaded without any issues :D

Couldn't be any happier to see it working 100% on my end, I'd like to thank you again for sticking around to help and your team for the great work that you all do.

Thank you for the feedback, I'm glad we've managed to solve this ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem with many mb sensors disappeared.  FWIW my installed 5.60.3700 has kerneld.v64 but not kerneld.x64

So I was going to try the beta.  I downloaded 5.60.3776 but what I got was not an executable installer, but rather a zipped file that contains what resembles, but is not the same file by file, the files of installed 5.60.3700.

What is the correct install procedure for the beta?   Copy some of the files to the installed version?  

What is the correct install procedure for the beta?   Copy some of the files to the installed version?  

Close AIDA64, and simply extract the ZIP package into the existing installation folder of AIDA64. Let it overwrite any existing files. Don't worry, it will retain your entered license and all your previous settings and customizations. In case you're ambivalent about such upgrade procedure, then you can extract the ZIP package into an empty folder too.

Please note that if you have a valid AIDA64 license, then you can use the built-in automatic updater too. Just first enable upgrading to beta versions in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / General / NetUpdate.