AIDA64 not updating battery charge rate on Xperia Z5 premium

IA64

Hello,

AIDA64 used to work fine on my Xperia Z but on my Sony Z5 Premium it doesn't refresh or update the batter discharge/charge rate every 1 sec. I have to minimize the application and restore it to get the new one.

Update interval is set to 1 sec and all other parameters are updating correctly.

Tried another Z5 Premium and same issue.

Thanks.

AIDA64 uses standard Android Battery API to measure battery charge rate and other battery parameters. Sometimes, on certain devices the Android Battery API fails to refresh the battery readings in real-time, but instead does it once per 5 seconds or once per 10 seconds only. So what you experience on your device is a limitation of the Android platform that Sony prepared for your phone, and not an AIDA64 app bug.

Regards,

Fiery

• 2 weeks later...

Just updated to Android 6.0 and this feature has gone for good. 

Any chance to have it back in the future ? 

Thanks,

Karim

It is because for some reason Sony decided to remove that functionality from the Android 6.0 platform for your phone. It may be possible to get around this limitation, but in order to let us check it, we'd need a report of your current configuration. Please submit a report from the About page, and we'll check it out right away.

It is because for some reason Sony decided to remove that functionality from the Android 6.0 platform for your phone. It may be possible to get around this limitation, but in order to let us check it, we'd need a report of your current configuration. Please submit a report from the About page, and we'll check it out right away.

Report submitted.

Thanks.

• 3 years later...

Same problem on my Samsung galaxy note 8 - Android 9. It doesn't refresh or update the batter discharge/charge rate every 1 sec. 

Update interval is set to 1 sec and all other parameters are  Not updating correctly.

Can you please tell me what is wrong. 

Thank you 

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:58 AM, Vadim said:

Same problem on my Samsung galaxy note 8 - Android 9. It doesn't refresh or update the batter discharge/charge rate every 1 sec. 

Update interval is set to 1 sec and all other parameters are  Not updating correctly.

Can you please tell me what is wrong. 

Thank you 

That's due to a platform constraint.  The standard Android Battery API itself doesn't update the values in a greater frequency.