Charger Counter

FlandreKanade

On ‎2018‎. ‎03‎. ‎03‎. at 4:47 AM, FlandreKanade said:

What is this charger counter mean?Why it shows in mAh rather than times? And why it's bigger than designed capacity?

Screenshot_20180303-114630.png

It shows how much your battery is charged up.  When the battery is not worn out, charge counter should very closely match the capacity of the battery.  Android devices and their batteries do not store any counters, so it's impossible to track the number of charge-discharge cycles through the lifetime of the battery.

• 5 months later...
On 3/5/2018 at 3:42 AM, Fiery said:

It shows how much your battery is charged up.  When the battery is not worn out, charge counter should very closely match the capacity of the battery.  Android devices and their batteries do not store any counters, so it's impossible to track the number of charge-discharge cycles through the lifetime of the battery.

@Fiery, can you give more insight into how this value is calculated.  I have a brand new phone (Galaxy Note 9) that has a reported capacity of 4000mAh, but maximum 'Charge Counter' shows at 3758mAh after only about 2 days of use.  

Does this value come from the os, the battery itself, or is AIDA64 estimating this value in some way?  Just hope I'm getting what I paid for.  

Thanks

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:18 AM, UncleBiscuits79 said:

@Fiery, can you give more insight into how this value is calculated.  I have a brand new phone (Galaxy Note 9) that has a reported capacity of 4000mAh, but maximum 'Charge Counter' shows at 3758mAh after only about 2 days of use.  

Does this value come from the os, the battery itself, or is AIDA64 estimating this value in some way?  Just hope I'm getting what I paid for.  

Thanks

It comes from the battery, but not directly.  AIDA64 measures that value using the standard Android Battery API, and applies no conversion on the raw value that is provided by the Android platform.