AIDA64 v6.32.5631 Beta GPU PWM fan bug (EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming)

HeMan91

Hello,

I recently updated to the BETA release because AIDA64 read my RTX3090 temperature about 2 degrees higher than actual. The BETA fixed that issue but introduced a new bug, my PWM fan speed is now incorrect and approximately 20% less than actual. MSI Afterburner and GPU-z will correctly display 50% while AIDA will display 29-30%.

Thanks!

On 2/11/2021 at 6:28 AM, HeMan91 said:

Hello,

I recently updated to the BETA release because AIDA64 read my RTX3090 temperature about 2 degrees higher than actual. The BETA fixed that issue but introduced a new bug, my PWM fan speed is now incorrect and approximately 20% less than actual. MSI Afterburner and GPU-z will correctly display 50% while AIDA will display 29-30%.

Thanks!

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> nVIDIA GPU Registers. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Also right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> nVIDIA SMBus Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

Thanks,
Fiery

• 3 weeks later...
  • Fiery changed the title to AIDA64 v6.32.5631 Beta GPU PWM fan bug (EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming)
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 6:25 AM, HeMan91 said:

My apologies for not seeing this sooner. Here's the file.

Thank you!  Can you please check if @BAG's observation applies to your system too.  Check if Precision X1 agrees with GPU-Z or AIDA64.

Also, make sure to use the latest AIDA64 beta build available for download at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

1 hour ago, Fiery said:

Thank you!  Can you please check if @BAG's observation applies to your system too.  Check if Precision X1 agrees with GPU-Z or AIDA64.

Also, make sure to use the latest AIDA64 beta build available for download at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Hello, I updated to the latest version and still experience the same problem. To reiterate, this PWM problem started with the BETA version that fixed the GPU temperature.

I don't use Precision X1 but here's a similar screenshot.

Capture.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2021 at 5:54 PM, HeMan91 said:

Hello, I updated to the latest version and still experience the same problem. To reiterate, this PWM problem started with the BETA version that fixed the GPU temperature.

I don't use Precision X1 but here's a similar screenshot.

When it's an EVGA video card, I'd trust Precision X1 over 3rd party software.  So it'd be important to verify what PWM setting is indicated by Precision X1.

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2021 at 7:23 AM, Fiery said:

When it's an EVGA video card, I'd trust Precision X1 over 3rd party software.  So it'd be important to verify what PWM setting is indicated by Precision X1.

I can't use Precision X1 without risking it automatically installing an incorrect firmware on my GPU. All I know is that PWM monitoring used to work fine in AIDA64 UNTIL that update.