Strike 7 closes Aida app

LKrieger

Hello Aida-Team,

i saw you added much more support for displays and therefor i find the sdk is out for the strike 7. So i tried with the new sdk 1.1 from mad catz and your new Aida (4.70.3200 Extreme) to monitor my values. So everything is fine, but sometimes the app closes automatically on the display from the keyboard. It happens in indefinite intervals after 2 Minutes or after 4 hours.

The keyboard is flashed of course with the new firmware and the instructions were followed to install the sdk...

Hope you can help.

Here a small example (because of my bad english)...

Thats my display while monitoring:

monitorc1zau.jpg

after a while... this happens, then i have to touch again on the app logo:

app6tzl9.jpg

Greeting

LK

Strike7 API has quite a few weird issues. Sometimes implementing a workaround fixes it, but the major problem lies in the SDK that Mad Catz designed. Please report the issue to them, and we'll also ping them to find out how can we work together to fix this issue, and also the touch-related other problems.

Thanks,

Fiery

• 9 months later...

AIDA64 uses the Strike7 SDK by the book, following Mad Catz's specifications and guidelines. So in case the Strike7 software makes AIDA64 crash, or the Strike7 software stops talking to AIDA64, then I'm afraid you have to ask Mad Catz for a resolution. In case Mad Catz investigates the issue and points to a problem about our implementation of the Strike7 protocol in AIDA64, then we would be happy to fix it on our end.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I asked Mad Catz,but they did not answer.Now I noticed something.If I start again when the venom lcd closes Aida64 app 2-3 times AIDA64 disappears right bar(notification area).If it stops by AIDA64 can be the problem or what ?I use latest Aida64.Please help me if you can,because Mad Catz does not reply.Thanks very much!!!

I asked Mad Catz,but they did not answer.Now I noticed something.If I start again when the venom lcd closes Aida64 app 2-3 times AIDA64 disappears right bar(notification area).If it stops by AIDA64 can be the problem or what ?I use latest Aida64.Please help me if you can,because Mad Catz does not reply.Thanks very much!!!

That only means the Strike7 SDK causes a crash in its DLL, and that pulls AIDA64 main process down with itself :( I'd be happy to help you out, but at this point we both are at the mercy of Mad Catz. If they could try this out and find the issue in their SDK and fix it up, that would of course fix this whole thing. Or, if they can find an incompatibility between their SDK and AIDA64, then we would be happy to work with them to resolve it.

The main problem is that we cannot reproduce the issue on our own Strike7 keyboard. If we could do that, things would probably be a bit easier.

Please try to put a bit more pressure on Mad Catz, as a customer who's having issues using their product.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...