fixed: Water Pump "Fan" header not detected (Asus Maximus VIII Gene)

eldata

Hi Fiery,

Header is 4-Pin PWM and labeled W_PUMP. BIOS monitoring option is able to read pump RPM along with four fans but only the fans show in AIDA64. Let me know what other info you need. Thanks!

AIDA64 Extreme Version: 5.30.3543

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Gene (Z170 chipset with latest BIOS)

I have a similar issue on a similar board (Asus Maximus VIII Ranger)

First, aida64 doesn't show water pump sensor anywhere.

Second, it appears fan sensors are mislabeled. Here is what I believe to be the scenario:

1. Aida shows CPU Fan, it is actually Chassis Fan 1 (or 3)

2. Aida shows System Fan, it is actually Chassis Fan 3 (or 1)

3. Aida shows Chassis Fan, it is actually CPU Fan

4. Aida shows Power Supply Fan, it is actually Chassis Fan 2 (or 4)

5. Aida shows Aux Fan, it is actually Chassis Fan 4 (or 2)

Also see two GPU fans running at 39%. I indeed have two video cards, but they are running on water. Fans are disconnected, confirmed in MSIAfterburner.

​

All well and good.  Beta working great.  I have ordered a temperature sensor to monitor t_sensor1 on MB.  Hopefully aida64 can read that sensor, will post results.

An odd situation is occuring.  If I enter bios and navigate to Qfan settings (don't even have to make any adjustments), aida64 loses CPU temp and fan monitoring.  Exiting aida 64, unzipping the beta to aida64 folder (and replacing current files) again, and restarting aida64 fixes the problem.  I've replicated this several times.  Just FYI. 

All well and good.  Beta working great.

Thank you for the feedback.

I have ordered a temperature sensor to monitor t_sensor1 on MB.  Hopefully aida64 can read that sensor, will post results.

Yes, it should be able to read that temperature input.

An odd situation is occuring.  If I enter bios and navigate to Qfan settings (don't even have to make any adjustments), aida64 loses CPU temp and fan monitoring.  Exiting aida 64, unzipping the beta to aida64 folder (and replacing current files) again, and restarting aida64 fixes the problem.  I've replicated this several times.  Just FYI.

Most likely that software reconfigures the motherboard sensor in a way that AIDA64 will no longer be able to read some readings from it. I don't think reinstalling (or extracting the ZIP package) of AIDA64 is necessary in such cases. A simple restarting of AIDA64 should be just as useful to remedy the situation.