Issue With 2.60.2100 (Intel Burn Test)

robkarp

Whenever I try to run version 2.60.2100 at the same time as I am running Intel Burn Test, AIDA will crash after some period of time. IBT keeps right on running as does everything else but AIDA will eventually crash (albeit politely, at least Windows is able to shut it down without disturbing anything else). This only occurs after some time which means running IBT on very high or on maxium. Lesser levels run to completion before AIDA will crash.

Are you sure it's a crash? Or maybe it's just that AIDA64 fails to get enough processor time cycles because Intel Burn Test stresses the system too much? ;) Please note that when you're running a stress test, especially if the stress test is running at high priority, there may be issues running other software at the same time.

Thank you, Fiery. I did not consider that. I like to run AIDA at the same time as IBT because I can monitor more temperatures and voltages than I can with Hardware Monitor (which does not crash with IBT). I don't know for certain that it is a crash but Windows pops up saying that AIDA had a problem and that Windows had to close it.

Please note that AIDA64 itself includes a stress test that can put a very heavy load on the system, including OpenCL-capable video cards. You can check it out if you go to AIDA64 / main menu / Tools / System Stability Test. For maximum processor load, just have the "FPU" subtest enabled. For maximum thermal and power load, only have "FPU" and "GPU" enabled.

Oh I know about that and I've used it. Problem is that I have learned that there is no one single test to determine stability. At one point my system was stable with AIDA and Prime95 but wouldn't run IBT. I convinced myself that it didn't matter. Well it turned out that it did matter and my system really wasn't stable after all. Now I use all three tests and, of course, the only real test that matters which is no crashes over time doing the things I built the PC for in the first place :).