PCH Temp Disappearing (ASRock Z77 Extreme4 + Core i7-3770K)

Capt Proton

I am not sure. I saw the temp at first, but have not seen it lately. It definitely said PCH, but, whether it said diode or not I cannot remember. I am positive it was there, asn I observed it, had concerns about the relatively high temps, bought a fan to blow on it and watched the temp drop as I added the fan and adjusted its position. Not only do I not see it in Aida anymore, it is not in the ASROCK utility either. I did not upgrade my BIOS or anything like that. I updated the BIOS before I installed the O/S (new build).

Sure hope I didn't waste my $30 renewing my subscription for a buggy version.

Please try to restart your computer, close any other hardware monitoring software that's running, and check out if the reading is "PCH Diode", and whether it's there or not. You can also try to downgrade to a previous AIDA64 release, but I don't think that would help. Please note that "PCH Diode" temperature readout is done via an undocumented Intel CPU method, and so it is not guaranteed to work on all processors out there. Some users are lucky, and they can see that reading all the time, but in some cases the processor doesn't provide a constantly reliable "PCH Diode" readout.

Please try to restart your computer, close any other hardware monitoring software that's running, and check out if the reading is "PCH Diode", and whether it's there or not. You can also try to downgrade to a previous AIDA64 release, but I don't think that would help. Please note that "PCH Diode" temperature readout is done via an undocumented Intel CPU method, and so it is not guaranteed to work on all processors out there. Some users are lucky, and they can see that reading all the time, but in some cases the processor doesn't provide a constantly reliable "PCH Diode" readout.

The reading does not reappear. Your advice is to downgrade? Is that why I paid my $30?

The reading does not reappear. Your advice is to downgrade? Is that why I paid my $30?

What I meant to say is that you can try (for a test run, not as a permanent downgrade) an older AIDA64 version, but I do not think it would help on this issue.

We've already started investigating this issue on our own i7-3770K test system, but it would help a lot if you could right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> PCI Dump. Please copy-paste the full results into this topic. Using that data we can check what goes wrong about PCH Diode measurement on your system -- and compare it against our i7-3770K system based on an Asus motherboard.

Please note that if we cannot resolve this issue for you, you can ask for a refund on the $30 license upgrade and return back to an old AIDA64 release. We do everything we can to fix all bugs in AIDA64 (you can check other forum topics as a proof on that), so please provide us a bit more time to come up with a fix on this.

We've found a trick that may help in your case to get the PCH Diode temperature reading back. Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.co...15vk0gp7mfzyzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Fiery