Got Aida64 via Asus motherboard purchase, how to get product key?

Qwinn

Hello,

I recently bought an Asus Crosshair x670e Extreme, which comes with an Aida64 Extreme subscription, and indeed it pretty much installed itself.  My problem is that it is version 6.60.5901, from back in December 2021, and it doesn't fully recognize my hardware.  Using the Check for Updates function in the About screen doesn't work (there is a "No variants found" error), then says it's up to date.

I would just download the newer version from the website, but it calls it a "Trial version", and I am afraid that if I install that over this Asus-installed version I'll lose the license.  If I had a product key I'd go ahead, but without it I'm not willing to take the risk.  What can I do?

Thanks for any help.

8 minutes ago, Qwinn said:

Hello,

I recently bought an Asus Crosshair x670e Extreme, which comes with an Aida64 Extreme subscription, and indeed it pretty much installed itself.  My problem is that it is version 6.60.5901, from back in December 2021, and it doesn't fully recognize my hardware.  Using the Check for Updates function in the About screen doesn't work (there is a "No variants found" error), then says it's up to date.

I would just download the newer version from the website, but it calls it a "Trial version", and I am afraid that if I install that over this Asus-installed version I'll lose the license.  If I had a product key I'd go ahead, but without it I'm not willing to take the risk.  What can I do?

Thanks for any help.

You can switch to the regular AIDA64 Extreme Edition by downloading the latest AIDA64 beta ZIP package from:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Extract the ZIP content into the existing installation folder of AIDA64.  Let it overwrite any existing files.  It will retain your existing settings and your license as well.

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Hello.  Thank you!  I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that your advice worked, and I now have a version of Aida 64 that allows me to update from within Aida itself.

The bad news - it did an update today, in fact, and the update release notes indicate only one piece of hardware was added, and I happen to have that hardware - the Asus Riujin II CPU Cooler EVA edition.  Thing is, now, when I start Aida, it seems to lock the CPU Package Temp reading.   After that, it never varies.  In a couple of cases it got locked at 82c meaning my fans went on hard and stayed on hard, despite the fact that that definitely wasn't the real current temp for more than a moment (as I was able to see in Armoury Crate, I believe).

I can't be certain if it is the update that caused the Temp freeze, or just a consequence of me updating today per your instructions and configuring my sensorpanel.  I have had to disable Aida because of this issue for now.  I guess I will try it every so often and see if this issue is resolved, but if it happens, it pretty much necessitates a reboot, because shutting down Aida once it happens doesn't resolve it, the package temp as reported by the cooler, and the resultant fan speeds, stay locked.

Additional information:  The CPU package temp locking only occurs once I actually trigger Sensors, either by clicking on the Sensor option under Computer, or by activating the SensorPanel.  If I start up Aida without triggering the sensors, CPU package temp seems to stay correct.

Needless to say, this is a serious issue, as the fans and temperature control won't adjust for whatever the actual heat is.

Windows 10 Pro, by the way.  Asus Crosshair x670e Extreme and AMD 7950x.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...