Importing Sensor Panels

Calibos

Can someone point me to a fool proof guide on how to import sensor panels.

I found one I liked and DM'd the creator and he emailed it to me a while back. Only getting around to building the PC the sensor panel is going into now. The panel I want to use is a Beadapanel 1280x480. Though I can't remember if the imported panel layout is 1280x480 or if I picked it because I want to mount the screen vertical and thus the res and layout would be 480x1280. At any rate, when I set either res in sensorpanal preferances and import, the import changes the sensor panel to a much smaller res and 16:9 ratio and the formatting is all screwed up. I have done the DPI 100% in aida64.exe, properties/compatibility already. Note I haven't connected the actual beadpanel to the PC as I am just testing things out on a different PC before I start the actual PC build and buy a $50 Aida64 licence. When I set 480x1280 for example with an empty template, it does seem to display  a black background sensor panel of that res on my 1920x1080 monitor. Its when I import the user created sensor panel that the sensor panel changes to a much smaller 16:9 window and formating of text and graphs etc is screwed up.

Tbh I don't hold out much hope of either getting a reply here or a solution as googling the issue seems to bring up nothing but unanswered threads here or threads where only the DPI fix is suggested and then weeks/months later the OP or other members posting a reply pleading, "Has anyone fixed this yet??"

Honestly it amazes me that the Sensorpanel functionality is so hard to do or buggy when the software is so expensive for what most people are buying it for. Lets be honest. Most sales in the last few years are probably not people buying it for the hardware monitoring/diagnostic/benchmarking aspects that can be done by other programs for free, but most are probably buying it for the sensor panel functionality...yet that is the aspect of the software that gets the least user support???

I'll happily spend $55+ for a 3 PC licence if I can get it to do what its supposed to do. However, if its this hard to configure with little to no help from either the Dev's or other users, then I am not going to waste my money.

• 1 month later...

Well this answered my question. Looks like the devs dont really care about assisting with their software. I guess ill use an open source type for my build. This is disappointing as I can't get ANY import to show like it should. All the gauges are scrunched up in the upper left corner. Format is always screwed up with over a dozen of layouts i have downloaded.

Yeh the import/ export is a buggy  mess.  I logged a ticket about it but have not gotten a response.  I believe it uses the primary display settings when importing and exporting.  You pretty much have to match the display environment of the user who exported.  And if the user who exported had 2 different monitors with 2 different dpi settings well I am Afraid it probably was corrupted on export.  In that case there is nothing you can do.  Making your own panel isn't hard though.  See this thread half way down:

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2023 at 8:24 PM, DodgeMan1980 said:

Well this answered my question. Looks like the devs dont really care about assisting with their software. I guess ill use an open source type for my build. This is disappointing as I can't get ANY import to show like it should. All the gauges are scrunched up in the upper left corner. Format is always screwed up with over a dozen of layouts i have downloaded.

Just go to your preferences and resize it to 515 x 1920. I have the same problem when I make changes from my work computer. My work and home displays are different resolutions. Once the display is resized you will have to move the elements into proper position. I look at many panels and download them. I often have to resize in the prefs of Aida64 and move the elements. Many are even off the screen. I think this should help.