PCH Diode - What temperature it is normal?

byw7

PCH is the chipset component of your motherboard. It tends to run a bit hotter than processors, especially at idle. Anything above 80 Celsius is considered high for chipsets, and beyond 90 Celsius is considered critical.

Regards,

Fiery

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have an Asrock Z77 Extreme4 and my PCH Diode has never changed once from 43C. That doesn't seem correct. Not even one degree up or down.

Have you tried the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition? It's available for download at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2256z8l9qktcjyzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

If it's still stuck, then your motherboard may not be able to measure PCH temperature.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

It's ok for some cpu-s. What cpu you have? I have i7 740qm and temp of phc go to 80 degrees max temp according to intel site is 100 degrees for this cpu ,and yes iam talking about chipset or PHC . Go on intel or amd and check your procesor,chipset should be named TJUNCTION. 

Sorry for my englesh.

Hope i help you. 

BB

• 1 year later...

It's ok for some cpu-s. What cpu you have? I have i7 740qm and temp of phc go to 80 degrees max temp according to intel site is 100 degrees for this cpu ,and yes iam talking about chipset or PHC . Go on intel or amd and check your procesor,chipset should be named TJUNCTION. 

Sorry for my englesh.

Hope i help you. 

BB

Thanx for info

• 4 years later...
15 hours ago, cedric0115 said:

Hello i use a HP Compaq 15 Notebook PC

and my temperature of PCH Diode is 84C

Mobile computers tend to work at higher thermal rates than desktop computers.  A PCH temperature of 84 Celsius is not considered critical for a mobile computer.