ECS A85F2-A Golden (V1.0) wrong temperatures

dobrinhrkr

Please note that AMD Trinity processors implement a flawed temperature diode that is unable to provide correct temperature readings, especially when the CPU is at idle.  HWMonitor apparently implements a trick to correct the invalid temperature readings, but it's definitely not right even that way, since for example on our test system of Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 + A10-5800K we get over 110 Celsius values using HWMonitor v1.21 while running the AIDA64 System Stability Test with FPU+GPU subtests enabled.  The processor would simply fry at such exceedingly high temperature, so the reading must definitely be incorrect.

BTW, AIDA64 also implements a manual correction facility, so if you believe you know a formula to correct the core temperature readings on your system, to make them more realistic, you can try applying it in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Correction.

Hello and thanks again for the fast reply.

I perfectly understand the situation and the readings for the awesome AMD processor. Seems that Idle temps are going crazy, while the load temps are kinda normal.

Anyway what can I do to fix this problem, because I took this platform so I can test CPU coolers and like this it is useless?

Hello and thanks again for the fast reply.

I perfectly understand the situation and the readings for the awesome AMD processor. Seems that Idle temps are going crazy, while the load temps are kinda normal.

Anyway what can I do to fix this problem, because I took this platform so I can test CPU coolers and like this it is useless?

I suppose the only reliable temperature measurement would be getting an external thermal diode that you could attach to the processor die.

• 2 weeks later...

I mailed them.

They sent me some basic details and nothing specific.

I mailed them back and still no responce. Probably the ticket is already closed because much time passed.

I believe the problem is related with the Fintek sensor support for this motherboard.

Anyway I am getting a little bit pissed because the motherboard is useless to me in this condition and I have no information from ECS if there will be new BIOS and no details from AMD too.