ROG RYUJIN II screen rotation

Bacara-1138

hello, despite my research I can't find a solution. I use the ROG RYUJIN II, the latter has a USB screen on which aida64 can broadcast the monitoring. I want to orient the ROG screen in landscape except in aida64 there is no orientation option... does anyone know the solution?!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bacara-1138 said:

hello, despite my research I can't find a solution. I use the ROG RYUJIN II, the latter has a USB screen on which aida64 can broadcast the monitoring. I want to orient the ROG screen in landscape except in aida64 there is no orientation option... does anyone know the solution?!

We haven't implemented rotation support for that display because Asus said they will implement it in their software framework.

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Fiery said:

We haven't implemented rotation support for that display because Asus said they will implement it in their software framework.

but how will asus implement rotation in aida 64?! asus only uses Armory Crate, aida64 does not apply to them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bacara-1138 said:

but how will asus implement rotation in aida 64?! asus only uses Armory Crate, aida64 does not apply to them.

AIDA64 uses Asus' own API to send images to their display devices.  Asus can implement an option in Armoury Crate to let you rotate the screen image.

• 4 months later...

Asus has the option to rotate the screen via Armory Crate, (1 direction, 90 degrees,) but does not have the option to do so with AIDA64 information displayed. It's either or, either Asus information is displayed (and can be rotated, 90 degrees), or AIDA64 information may be displayed but without any option to rotate the display. This is the case for BOTH the ROG RYUJIN II and ROG RYUJIN III. AIDA64 can be used on the RYUJIN without ever installing Armory Crate, and implementing Armory Crate's display controls over the RYUJIN disables AIDA64 from displaying information. Asus had released some images showing AIDA64 information in portrait orientation, but those seem to have been largely retracted now. That said Asus still mentions being able to display information such as water flow on the product page, and water inlet/outlet temperatures are selectable via Armory Crate but no information is displayed aside from "N/A". 

So, it seems, Asus has kind-of half-baked the product(s). It'd be GREAT if AIDA64 could step up and resolve this, somehow, without relying on Asus. Or, at least, not make it seem like neither company is interested in making the product work as buyers expected. AIDA64 has the option to rotate other displays, and it seems like it isn't completely necessary to rely on Asus to do that on the RYUJIN. Maybe there is something, like a contract, that prevents AIDA64 from doing this. If so, I'd appreciate if that was said directly, rather than soft balling the issue back to Asus's territory. In other words, this seems like something that AIDA64 could, fairly easily, technically resolve without the need to involve Asus, but if there is a non-technical limitation it shouldn't be hidden and made to look like AIDA64 doesn't care to resolve the issue.