aida64 main window missing menu bar, missing icons

ssateneth

I got an auto update for my paid version of aida64 extreme, it updated to 6.92.6618. now the menu bar is missing at the top, replaced by 3 dots in the upper right corner.

how to i get back my menu bar?

also the main window is missing a ton of icons now. see attached photo. top left (background) is new bugged version 6.92.6618, bottom right (foreground) is 6.92.6600

2023-10-21_00-26-42.png

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 7:27 AM, ssateneth said:

I got an auto update for my paid version of aida64 extreme, it updated to 6.92.6618. now the menu bar is missing at the top, replaced by 3 dots in the upper right corner.

also the main window is missing a ton of icons now. see attached photo. top left (background) is new bugged version 6.92.6618, bottom right (foreground) is 6.92.6600

It's not a bug.  We're in the process of completely revamping the main window UI.  You can still access the old main menu from the kebab (3 dots) menu.  The icon bar will soon become configurable so you can place several previously non-available icons on it.  If you don't wanna use the half-ready UI in its current form and follow its evolution up to the next stable update of AIDA64, I recommend you to switch back to the latest AIDA64 stable update (6.92.6600) and stay away from beta updates until the next stable update is out.

• 1 month later...

This is not only a beta channel issue, the new “icons only” UI gets pushed down with the latest stable update as well (v7.00.6700).

I don’t like the new UI and would prefer to keep on using the traditional Windows text menus at the top. Please could you add a preference to bring that back?

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2023 at 7:27 AM, ssateneth said:

@Forsa @John Clark

We've put the main menu back in the latest AIDA64 beta update available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

You can enable the main menu in kebab menu --> View --> Menu bar.  Please note that Windows doesn't support dark mode for the main menu bar, so it has a fixed white colour even if you set AIDA64 to Dark Mode.  You need to either live with that visual discrepancy or use light theme with AIDA64.