Mouse freezes when navigating panes in AIDA64 (Lenovo Y500)

Yankeese

I'm using a new Lenovo Y500. Just installed Aida64 yesterday. I have had episodes when I am navigating in the left tree pane from one function to another when the mouse cursor suddenly freezes. this computer has a trackpad. I'm not using an external mouse. There is no way to unfreeze the mouse. I can still get around with the keyboard, and tried changing settings or getting into task manager processes through the keyboard, but nothing presented itself as helpful. I could navigate with Aida itself by keyboard, but not mouse. I tried signing out as a user, but had to use the keyboard to shut the computer off. The mouse will only come back on a reboot. This is the latest version of Aida; and I am using up-to-date Windows 8. This has happened often enough that I am afraid to open the program, because it is so likely to freeze the mouse. This must be a bug. I will forward or post computer configuration info if someone asks for it. I used the old Lavalys Everest monitor on my XP computers for years, and never had a problem like this. Help would be appreciated (as in an update to make the product more stable).

Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2412dt8hwjrp4mzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

If it still doesn't work as expected, then please try to disable SMBus access in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and let us know if it makes a difference.  After altering the SMBus option, make sure to restart Windows.

Thanks,

Fiery

• 4 months later...

Same here, lenovo windows 8 laptop too, Aida64 Extreme Edition, version 3.00.2500

After the touchpad freeze, usb mouse still works!

Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2584py2mftr4szzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

If it still doesn't work as expected, then please try to disable SMBus access in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and let us know if it makes a difference.  After altering the SMBus option, make sure to restart Windows.

Thanks,

Fiery