Disk Benchmark Linear Write Error

SimonD

I have an issue using the Disk Benchmark feature. It's the same on the latest 7.x version and also on the latest 6.x version.

I activated "Write tests" under options and tried to use the "Linear Write" benchmark but it did not work.

After clicking "Start" button I was asked three times if I want to continue destroying all data. I click yes and then the error "cannot open drive" occurs:

1704012912711-png.1437963

I checked with Process Explorer and saw a sharing violation. Read tests are working but all write tests are failing with this behavior:

1703950912712-png.1437677

Is this a bug and if not how can I fix it?

3 hours ago, SimonD said:

I have an issue using the Disk Benchmark feature. It's the same on the latest 7.x version and also on the latest 6.x version.

I activated "Write tests" under options and tried to use the "Linear Write" benchmark but it did not work.

After clicking "Start" button I was asked three times if I want to continue destroying all data. I click yes and then the error "cannot open drive" occurs:

I checked with Process Explorer and saw a sharing violation. Read tests are working but all write tests are failing with this behavior:

Is this a bug and if not how can I fix it?

We suspect this could be due to a security measure dictated by either Windows Defender or an installed 3rd party security software.  Or, maybe it can be because your system uses virtualization.

Thanks for your fast answer.

I added the drive to Windows Defender whitelist and also deactivated all Defender features but it still did not work.

I don't use 3rd party security software.

Regarding virtualization I have to check.

I don't have any virtualization tools installed. Hyper-V is also not active.
I thought Macrium Reflect could cause the problem and removed it. Unfortunately it's still not working.

Is there any possibility how to troubleshoot this?