CPU/GPU Utilization incorrect at high levels

Hello, 

I've been lurking a bit trying to find the answer to this question but was unable to do so, so I figured I'd see if someone could assist. My CPU/GPU utilization in Aida64 extreme is fairly accurate at low levels, mirroring windows task manager and Ryzen Master or the iCue monitoring software. But then I'll actually get into a game and the utilization on Aida64 shoots up to high 90s or 100% while my other monitoring software shows usage in the 10s, 20s, 30s, etc. I'm using simple sensor item to report GPU/CPU utilization. I don't see or know of any other options that would affect the sensor reporting. I'm not sure what information I need to provide to have someone better understand the issue, but let me know and I'll oblige. 

7 hours ago, funkycodemonkey said:

Hello, 

I've been lurking a bit trying to find the answer to this question but was unable to do so, so I figured I'd see if someone could assist. My CPU/GPU utilization in Aida64 extreme is fairly accurate at low levels, mirroring windows task manager and Ryzen Master or the iCue monitoring software. But then I'll actually get into a game and the utilization on Aida64 shoots up to high 90s or 100% while my other monitoring software shows usage in the 10s, 20s, 30s, etc. I'm using simple sensor item to report GPU/CPU utilization. I don't see or know of any other options that would affect the sensor reporting. I'm not sure what information I need to provide to have someone better understand the issue, but let me know and I'll oblige. 

Please note that Task Manager calculates CPU usage using a different formula than us.  Task Manager takes Turbo Boost clock frequency headroom also into account.  We don't agree with that formula.  You can check if the values start matching (Task Manager vs. AIDA64) if you disable Turbo Boost.

Does that formula also include GPU utilization? As I was saying, Task Manager's reporting mirrors iCue's and Ryzen Master. So, all 3 would be incorrect in this instance? Also, Turbo Boost is an intel feature for laptops, isn't it?  I am on a Ryzen Desktop. Apologies, I suppose I should've said that first:

win 10

Ryzen 7 5800x3d

3080ti 

64gig ram @ 3700 mhz