Jump to content

Any Star Trek fans here?


rinaldop

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Loyd said:

think it would be great!! 1024x600 is a good size hint hint....question How do you get the graphics in the panel?  and how do you get a back ground on it? TIA

 

Watch this video and if you have more questions just ask 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

thanks for the view.  this is the first one I watched.  I quess you have to design the background completely before any gauges. Like how did you do the Util engine on the star trek screen or the 12 lights that blink.  really cool!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Loyd said:

thanks for the view.  this is the first one I watched.  I quess you have to design the background completely before any gauges. Like how did you do the Util engine on the star trek screen or the 12 lights that blink.  really cool!!

Yes, the background is just a .png or .jpg that can come from anywhere or be created just for the panel. The background  can also be blank. Then you add the sensors on top of that.

Thanks for the compliment! I am glad you like my other panel!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/8/2024 at 9:03 PM, Loyd said:

but it still does not tell me how to get the.png or .jpg in the sensor panel.

Load an existing panel

right click on it and select sensorpanel manager 

select all entries and delete them

click "new"  and for item type select image 

click on the ... for image file and select your image 

 

It must be the first item on the list and will look like this 

 

Screenshot 2024-01-10 091721.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

thanks I finally figure how to get the back ground on.  thought that if I copied a custom gauge from one panel maybe i could paste it into another panel, well I can but it is not listed in manager but it can be modified and moved.  sometime I lose a label  working on a custom screen now just getting started.  It is supposed to 1024X600 but is a bit smaller working...working...working

vttrees.sensorpanel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Loyd said:

thanks I finally figure how to get the back ground on.  thought that if I copied a custom gauge from one panel maybe i could paste it into another panel, well I can but it is not listed in manager but it can be modified and moved.  sometime I lose a label  working on a custom screen now just getting started.  It is supposed to 1024X600 but is a bit smaller working...working...working

vttrees.sensorpanel 529.73 kB · 0 downloads

If you add something to the panel with paste it will appear in the sensor panel manager after you close it and reopen it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey thanks for the answers, pretty clunky way of pasting.  got another one for you, is there a better (quicker) way to post custom gauges without copy paste 15 times.  I will try the copy from one panel to another one to see if that works. TIA

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2024 at 3:41 PM, Loyd said:

Hey thanks for the answers, pretty clunky way of pasting.  got another one for you, is there a better (quicker) way to post custom gauges without copy paste 15 times.  I will try the copy from one panel to another one to see if that works. TIA

 

Not that I know of. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

well it works.  I copied a custom gauge from one panel, swapped panels, pasted, saved and there it was, in the list to be modified and it worked i.e. moved. but it only works if the gauge is a full custom. found a few that were only pointers and dial was an image.  I cannot think of how much work went in those panels.  labor of love I guess.  got another question, know of any way to get more sensors into aida64? for some reason it has dropped some of my fans. They used to be there.  This is great having someone who know a lot about this very complex program who actually answers questions.  If I may where are you located, I am in the very cold state of Vermont 19 F with snow have a great day and TIA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2024 at 3:41 PM, Loyd said:

well it works.  I copied a custom gauge from one panel, swapped panels, pasted, saved and there it was, in the list to be modified and it worked i.e. moved. but it only works if the gauge is a full custom. found a few that were only pointers and dial was an image. 

Hm, I wonder why that didn't work, I will have to try it.

  

On 1/16/2024 at 3:41 PM, Loyd said:

 cannot think of how much work went in those panels.  labor of love I guess.

I just made two 100 frame gauges for a new panel I am doing for a friend. It was hard work but I am obsessed with getting his panel exactly how he wants it!

 

On 1/16/2024 at 3:41 PM, Loyd said:

got another question, know of any way to get more sensors into aida64? for some reason it has dropped some of my fans. They used to be there.  This is great having someone who know a lot about this very complex program who actually answers questions.  If I may where are you located, I am in the very cold state of Vermont 19 F with snow have a great day and TIA

The hardware stuff needs to be answered by a  developer, you should ask this in the bug report forum.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...