Samsung 980 Pro SSD have two different Temps!!

Aqous

Dear all.

I bought a Corsair 8 TB MP600 Pro Nvme SSD. I installed it on the second M2 place on motherboard. My motherboard MSI Z690i Unify. I see temps on idle ~ 53 C. And on a file transfer ~78-80 C. I thought that it is very high temp because i use Samsung 2 TB 980 Pro Nvme as Windows 11 disk and in every HDD software like HDSentinel, Crystaldisk, Corsair SSD tool, Samsung Magician the temp shows ~40 C.  

Yesterday i wanted to add Temp infos of ssd's to my Aida 64 panel. I surprised when i see that there are two temp infos for Samsung 980 Pro. And the second info is higher as Corsair's info. 

So which info is which inside Samsung 980 Pro:)

I thought the Corsair was running too hot and decided to return it. But when i see the Samsung has 2 temps, and the second temp is so close to Corsair, i am confused.

What  is the right decision?

Ekran görüntüsü 2024-01-16 152103.jpg

Ekran görüntüsü 2024-01-15 210019.jpg

Ekran görüntüsü 2024-01-16 152619.jpg

IMG_20240116_152833.jpg

1 minute ago, Aqous said:

Dear all.

I bought a Corsair 8 TB MP600 Pro Nvme SSD. I installed it on the second M2 place on motherboard. My motherboard MSI Z690i Unify. I see temps on idle ~ 53 C. And on a file transfer ~78-80 C. I thought that it is very high temp because i use Samsung 2 TB 980 Pro Nvme as Windows 11 disk and in every HDD software like HDSentinel, Crystaldisk, Corsair SSD tool, Samsung Magician the temp shows ~40 C.  

Yesterday i wanted to add Temp infos of ssd's to my Aida 64 panel. I surprised when i see that there are two temp infos for Samsung 980 Pro. And the second info is higher as Corsair's info. 

So which info is which inside Samsung 980 Pro:)

I thought the Corsair was running too hot and decided to return it. But when i see the Samsung has 2 temps, and the second temp is so close to Corsair, i am confused.

What  is the right decision?

So far Samsung hasn't confirmed the assumption that the second temperature is for the onboard flash memory (NAND) or for the flash controller.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Fiery said:

So far Samsung hasn't confirmed the assumption that the second temperature is for the onboard flash memory (NAND) or for the flash controller.

Thank you for response.

Then the temp of Corsair isnt hot to return it, right? And what is the first temp on samsung then?

• 2 months later...

I was also curious about this second temp. I had also assumed it may be the controller as I thought controllers ran a bit warm. I could be wrong. Just sitting at idle it looks fine to me. When in use I see about up to 60c (+/- a couple) on that second temp.

Screenshot Samsung 980.png

Screenshot Samsung 980_1.png