AsRock 970 Extreme4 no CPU fan speed

Gyrxiur

Hello, I have AsRock 970 Extreme4 motherboard and Aida64 does not show my cpu fan speed. In UEFI I can see it, so monitoring for my fan works, only Aida64 does not see it. My fan is Gelid Tranquillo rev.2. I am using latest UEFI and latest Aida64 beta.

On several ASRock boards 2 fans are muxed a single fan connector (fan header).  Since the mux is implemented improperly, AIDA64 cannot switch them.  Try to connect the fan to another fan header, and it will then show up in AIDA64 ;)

BTW, on your particular motherboard CPU Fan1 and CPU Fan2 are muxed together, so you have to use the other connector to make sure it appears in AIDA64.

Regards,

Fiery

Switching the mux is slow and readings tend to be unreliable.  For example, you switch to CPU Fan2, then you have to wait 3 or 4 seconds (which is unacceptably long), and even after then sometimes the reading comes from CPU Fan1 -- and in such case there's no way to know which fan do you get the readings from.