Samsung T7 USB does not show in the Sensor output with the other drives

gtm

A few weeks ago I posted about this behavior but did not get a reply as to whether this is a bug, which I believe it is.  I had attached images of the output from AIDA64.

I am re-posting this hoping to get a response from those that know the internals of AIDA64.    

The Sensor output in AIDA64 does not show this device - the T7 Samsung Portable SSD.   I will re-attach pertinent images that show the problem.  

I did attach a T5 Samsung Portable SSD using the same data cable and the same USB port so that there would be no doubt as to whether this is a bug.

The T7 Samsung Portable SSD is not shown in the Sensor output, but it is shown in the Physical Drives output as "Samsung PSSD T7", and it is also shown in the Windows Storage output as "Samsung PSSD T7 SCSI".

The T5 Samsung Portable SSD is shown in all three outputs.  In the Sensor output as "Samsung Portable SSD T5", in the Physical Drives output as "Samsung Portable SSD T5", and in the Windows Storage as "Samsung Portable SSD T5 SCSI".  

The fact that the T5 Samsung is shown in all three outputs but the T7 is not, leads me to believe that there might be a bug in the Sensor output part of AIDA64.     

I am attaching 6 screen-shots: Sensor output, Physical Drives output, and Windows Storage output with the T7 attached and similarly with the T5 attached.   

AIDA64Extremev7_00.6700-SensorOutput-T7SamsungPortableSSDnotshowing.png.f0c047d9eaae08832161b2659cc946db.png

AIDA64Extremev7_00.6700-PhysicalDrivesOutput-T7SamsungPortableSSDshowingasPSSDT7.png.07290a8bd908219affca68bd5a4cca41.png

AIDA64Extremev7_00.6700-WindowsStorageOutput-T7SamsungPortableSSDshowingasT7SCSI.png.a1a519f321024c3a0fb914c153252349.png

AIDA64Extremev7_00.6700-SensorOutput-WithSamsungPortableSSDT5.png.34a29ce8e751166c2bccbaae4780f640.png

AIDA64Extremev7_00.6700-PhysicalDrivesOutput-WithSamsungPortableSSDT5.png.900f1515a541d9182f30f504710074c4.png

AIDA64Extremev7_00.6700-WindowsStorageOutput-WithSamsungPortableSSDT5.png.7f8f177e67c18b910e6898f34b53e0e2.png

16 hours ago, gtm said:

A few weeks ago I posted about this behavior but did not get a reply as to whether this is a bug, which I believe it is.  I had attached images of the output from AIDA64.

I am re-posting this hoping to get a response from those that know the internals of AIDA64.    

The Sensor output in AIDA64 does not show this device - the T7 Samsung Portable SSD.   I will re-attach pertinent images that show the problem.  

I did attach a T5 Samsung Portable SSD using the same data cable and the same USB port so that there would be no doubt as to whether this is a bug.

The T7 Samsung Portable SSD is not shown in the Sensor output, but it is shown in the Physical Drives output as "Samsung PSSD T7", and it is also shown in the Windows Storage output as "Samsung PSSD T7 SCSI".

The T5 Samsung Portable SSD is shown in all three outputs.  In the Sensor output as "Samsung Portable SSD T5", in the Physical Drives output as "Samsung Portable SSD T5", and in the Windows Storage as "Samsung Portable SSD T5 SCSI".  

The fact that the T5 Samsung is shown in all three outputs but the T7 is not, leads me to believe that there might be a bug in the Sensor output part of AIDA64.     

I am attaching 6 screen-shots: Sensor output, Physical Drives output, and Windows Storage output with the T7 attached and similarly with the T5 attached.

In AIDA64 please press Ctrl+Alt+D --> Disk Debug --> ATA Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

Please repeat the dump creation scheme for:

• Ctrl+Alt+D --> Disk Debug --> Disk Controllers Dump
  • Ctrl+Alt+D --> Disk Debug --> NVMe Dump
  • Ctrl+Alt+D --> Disk Debug --> RAID Dump
  • Ctrl+Alt+D --> Disk Debug --> SMART Dump

Thanks,
Fiery

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2024 at 4:44 AM, gtm said:

Hi Fiery,

I'm attaching the dumps you requested.  They are in text files:

1. atadump.txt
  2. diskctrldump.txt
  3. nvmedump.txt
  4. raiddump.txt
  5. smartdump.txt

Thanks,

George

Thank you!  It seems a bit of a headscratcher, so please give us 2 weeks to dig deeper.  We need to get a sample device to see what's going on about the USB-over-NVMe interface.

Hi Fiery,

Do not worry abut the time-frame.  I am a retired software engineer so I understand the importance of being able to re-create the behavior so you can debug effectively.

George

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2024 at 8:35 PM, gtm said:

Hi Fiery,

Do not worry abut the time-frame.  I am a retired software engineer so I understand the importance of being able to re-create the behavior so you can debug effectively.

George

Thank you for your understanding.  Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.