Slow sensor reading

jon.d

Hi I have recently upgraded my system from a Ryzen 5000 on an ASUS motherboard to a Ryzen 7000 on an ASUS motherboard. Since the upgrade I cannot get a sensor panel to work. My issue is that the sensors take too long to refresh. For example I set up the most basic one I could which is system up time, MM:SS this takes so long to refresh that it went from 39:55 to 42:52.

Previous to this I had a sensor panel with over 40 items on it with graphs and guages and it worked flawlessly. 

3 hours ago, jon.d said:

Hi I have recently upgraded my system from a Ryzen 5000 on an ASUS motherboard to a Ryzen 7000 on an ASUS motherboard. Since the upgrade I cannot get a sensor panel to work. My issue is that the sensors take too long to refresh. For example I set up the most basic one I could which is system up time, MM:SS this takes so long to refresh that it went from 39:55 to 42:52.

Previous to this I had a sensor panel with over 40 items on it with graphs and guages and it worked flawlessly. 

In AIDA64 please press Ctrl+Alt+D --> Sensor Debug --> Sensor Profiling Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

Thanks,
Fiery

11 hours ago, jon.d said:

Thanks Fiery,

I've traced an issue to a usb splitter I was using.

I've removed the splitter and the speed has improved. Its still taking around 5 seconds to refresh though. 

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Jon

sensorprof.txt 6.88 kB · 0 downloads

According the updated dump the refresh should take 1 second.  It is still quite long, but the Aquaero USB protocol is quite slow, and we cannot get around that :(

Thanks Fiery,

My sensor panel is still only updating every 5/6 seconds. 

I've found this setting but cannot reduce any of the timings.

Could this be the issue? 

Thanks for all your help so far!

2024-03-18.png

4 hours ago, jon.d said:

Thanks Fiery,

My sensor panel is still only updating every 5/6 seconds. 

I've found this setting but cannot reduce any of the timings.

Could this be the issue?

Thanks for all your help so far!

If you cannot reduce update rate, it means AIDA64 doesn't have low-level hardware access due to it having no use of its kernel driver.  In most cases it's because of a virtualized environment, lack of administrator privileges, or improper AIDA64 installation -- whereby the kernel driver files are not installed or extracted from the ZIP package.