Custom gauges file size limit?

Hello all,

I made a custom gauge with 16 different photos to mimic animation . they are all 1024x600 for my raspberry 7 inch sensor panel. They are all .png. i saw a post that i could do this. Am i doing something wrong? Each photo is a little different and i fill up all 16 spots in custom gauge but nothing appears.

15.png

• Sensor Moderators
9 hours ago, SurpriseHaymaker said:

Olá a todos,

Fiz um medidor personalizado com 16 fotos diferentes para imitar a animação. eles são todos 1024x600 para meu painel de sensor framboesa de 7 polegadas. Eles são todos .png. vi um post que eu poderia fazer isso. Estou fazendo algo errado? Cada foto é um pouco diferente e eu preencho todas as 16 vagas no medidor personalizado, mas nada aparece.

15.png

What sensor are you wanting to use in this meter?

13 hours ago, SurpriseHaymaker said:

Hello all,

I made a custom gauge with 16 different photos to mimic animation . they are all 1024x600 for my raspberry 7 inch sensor panel. They are all .png. i saw a post that i could do this. Am i doing something wrong? Each photo is a little different and i fill up all 16 spots in custom gauge but nothing appears.

Sometimes .png files have extra info and confuse Aida64 and will not be displayed. When this happens to me I convert them to .jpg and it fixes the problem every time.

Try it.   

3 hours ago, rinaldop said:

Sometimes .png files have extra info and confuse Aida64 and will not be displayed. When this happens to me I convert them to .jpg and it fixes the problem every time.

Try it.   

hiya. so i exported as .jpg to no avail. Do you initially put them as .png and place them in 16 spots then convert to .jpg ? i tried just renaming dident work, or do you use a program to convert? also i use photopea idk if that matters. ty :)

9 minutes ago, SurpriseHaymaker said:

hiya. so i exported as .jpg to no avail. Do you initially put them as .png and place them in 16 spots then convert to .jpg ? i tried just renaming dident work, or do you use a program to convert? also i use photopea idk if that matters. ty :)

Convert them all to .jpg first and then create a new gauge with the 16 .jpg files. I just use Paint or Gimp to convert the files. 

36 minutes ago, rinaldop said:

Convert them all to .jpg first and then create a new gauge with the 16 .jpg files. I just use Paint or Gimp to convert the files. 

UGhhhh i gave up altho i really appreciate you taking time to respond. i lowered opacity and have a wallpaper engine running in background instead. IDK why it wasent working :(

18 minutes ago, SurpriseHaymaker said:

UGhhhh i gave up altho i really appreciate you taking time to respond. i lowered opacity and have a wallpaper engine running in background instead. IDK why it wasent working :(

To be honest the animation affect that happens doing a  gauge like that is not very good.

I am a stubborn person and I -will- get this working! Put your original 16 .png images in a .zip and upload them on the web or just send them here, I want to try it ;)  

48 minutes ago, rinaldop said:

To be honest the animation affect that happens doing a  gauge like that is not very good.

I am a stubborn person and I -will- get this working! Put your original 16 .png images in a .zip and upload them on the web or just send them here, I want to try it ;)  

I like your style. Im stubborn as well <ask my wife>. ill send on here in next 15-30 min :) ty buddy

4 hours ago, SurpriseHaymaker said:

just know i posted waiting for it to be approved apparently.........

It worked for me right away with no change to your images. The problem is nothing changes fast enough to make the  animation look good.  I used CORE 1 CPU CLOCK for the gauge. I left the value visible so that you can see when the clock changes the image changes. Try it with other sensors, see if you like it.  Here is a video of a panel I did with this trick to get the lights to blink.

https://forums.aida64.com/uploads/monthly_2023_11/LCARS-V1-RinaldoP-2023-11-07.mp4.565aa2f6a24638009404abae791a6f69.mp4 

Here is the sensor panel with your images

https://ufile.io/leoyb6sb

Good luck!