Aida64 v7.206802 - High CPU Idle Temperatures

Hi all I know this question has been asked before but I couldn't find a solution or figure out why it happens..

When I run the app Aida from 40-43c idle situation my temps jump to 48-55c and they stay there and if I’ll open Firefox jump 50-63c.

When i close the app the temps they return to normal…

Can somebody to tell me why this happened?

And the think is I purchased for two years license.. 😞

Thank you in advance!

My Specs:

Corsair iCUE 5000X

Aurus x570 Ultra

Ryzer 5950X

iCue 150i Elite

10 Fans:

6 <- Intricate

4 -> Exhaust

1 hour ago, rinaldop said:

The first thing that you should do is verify those temperature readings with another program to see if they match.

Also  does GPU and CPU usage go up?

Thank you for your respond !!

The Temperatures i identified with 2 Apps 1) Corsair iCue 2) HWmonitor all the apps Showing the Same temps.. With this apps the temps is normal. When i tried to open the Aida the temps Jump Up and all the apps they have the same hi temps.. Maybe the Aida is "Heavy" app and the cpu need more Power ?? I dont know...  Its not normal i think.. 

Only the CPU has hi Temps not the GPU, the GPU Stay low around 40c no changes..

4070 Ti Super.

Here are two things that helped other people with high CPU usage. Hope it helps!

1. Asus motherboards could operate with a very high EC (Embedded Controller) latency that would cause AIDA64 sensor module to load the CPU for several milliseconds.  You can check if your motherboard is affected by that anomaly by disabling EC support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability.  Make sure to restart AIDA64 after altering that option.  Also note that by disabling EC support you will lose a few sensor readings like CPU OPT fan RPM.

2. You can lower the 1000 millisec update rate to 100 millisec in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Update Frequency.

• Like 1

Here are two things that helped other people with high CPU usage. Hope it helps!

1. Asus motherboards could operate with a very high EC (Embedded Controller) latency that would cause AIDA64 sensor module to load the CPU for several milliseconds.  You can check if your motherboard is affected by that anomaly by disabling EC support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability.  Make sure to restart AIDA64 after altering that option.  Also note that by disabling EC support you will lose a few sensor readings like CPU OPT fan RPM.

2. You can lower the 1000 millisec update rate to 100 millisec in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Update Frequency.

I will see all this things and ill come back with results !!

Thank you for your help Rinaldop! 🙂

I did all your tips but with no luck still i have hi temps..

See The image with my options and didn't lose the Sensor ..

Screenshot 2024-04-10 004154.png

Update:

Without aida running this is the low temp i have.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 005301.png

What is strange to me is that your CPU is only at 3%

Let us try and see if it really is just Aida64. Get Hwinfo running and look at CPU temperature and load.  Next start Aida64 with NO PANEL showing (uncheck AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Show Sensor Panel) to see if it just the program or the graphs.

• Like 1

Also check this

You can lower the 1000 millisec update rate to 100 millisec in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Update Frequency.

I did already the same time with disabling EC .. 

Is 3% Because is idle, nothing running only the Aida is open and 2-3 apps on the background. 

I’ll do and the test with no sensor panel and the other app you told me and I’ll tell you the results.

Thank you ! :) 

On 4/10/2024 at 1:05 AM, rinaldop said:

Also check this

You can lower the 1000 millisec update rate to 100 millisec in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Update Frequency.

So my friend i realize one more weird thing.. When i open and the HWMonitor (Last Update) the temps jump from 40c to 65c for long time until to close the app, so its not from Aida.. i can see this from iCue the temps jumps up... But i didn't had this problem before 10 15 days everything it was good.. i can't understand... :(

On 4/10/2024 at 1:02 AM, rinaldop said:

What is strange to me is that your CPU is only at 3%

Let us try and see if it really is just Aida64. Get Hwinfo running and look at CPU temperature and load.  Next start Aida64 with NO PANEL showing (uncheck AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Show Sensor Panel) to see if it just the program or the graphs.

I did this test and yes when i closed the panel the temps they went down from 50-53c to 39-40c. So is from the panel the temps ...???

P.S

The HWmonitor is worst the temps they jump to 60-65c...

Watch the image i have very good temps in my pc and with Aida i can't have it.. \

I don't care for the WHmonitor im not using all the time, but the aida is always open...

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 5.40.28 PM.png

OK, I will try to help you figure this out. First thing I need to know what the CPU load is. The next time you run a test put here BOTH the CPU temp and the CPU load.

The reason why I asked you try Aida64 with no panel is because with older versions of Aida64 sone graphs used a lot of CPU.  Read this

https://forums.aida64.com/topic/12254-fixed-area-graphs-causing-high-cpu-usage/#comment-54281

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rinaldop said:

OK, I will try to help you figure this out. First thing I need to know what the CPU load is. The next time you run a test put here BOTH the CPU temp and the CPU load.

The reason why I asked you try Aida64 with no panel is because with older versions of Aida64 sone graphs used a lot of CPU.  Read this

https://forums.aida64.com/topic/12254-fixed-area-graphs-causing-high-cpu-usage/#comment-54281

Ok ill !!

But im sorry i dont understand, What test to running .>> ? Stress test >??

For the panel they said the fixed but i have the last version and this happened with old version, so why i have this issue with graphics >> ?? And the truth is I didn't have such issues before ...

Thank you Rinaldop!

Hi Rinaldop,

I have noticed that the temps are only high at idle with Aida on.

When I have opened applications such as premiere Photoshop Spotify and others and the computer is doing some processes the temperatures are high and in both cases open or closed Aida are the same ..

So only in idle Mode I have a 10c to 15c difference.

Image 1 AIDA "Close" - Play Video From Premiere and Spotify.

Image 2 AIDA "Open" - Play Video From Premiere and Spotify.

Image 3 Aida Open Rendering Video From Premiere and Play Spotify.

1.png

2.png

3.png

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Velkus said:

rinaldop

Thank you for your help and your time my friend !!!

It's not nothing to worry, i will to do and some changes and everything is good !!!

Im really i appreciate you !!

Have a good continuation!

S.P

Thank you for your kind words! I do not understand why this is happening with Aida64 on your system. I am running a game together with Aida64 with a complex template and my CPU is only at 9% I hope you can get things resolved.

Good luck !

• Like 1